Bummed out

/ Bummed out #1  

Loges1

Silver Member
Tractor
Century 3045
You all are really bumming me out. Every one is talking about their new tractors, or what they are doing with their old tractors, and all I can do is sit here and read about it. The whole time my 3045 is sitting collecting dust /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif. It has been since the end of April when I broke a get away stick. I actually broke both of them, but the left one was a simple break on the small bone in my lower leg(can't remember if it is the tib. or the fib.). The Doc says it is pretty much healed. I wasn't so lucky with my right. I'm sporting an external fixator on it now. The good news is I'm about half way through my recuperation period, the bad news is I'm only half way through /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif. Oh well HAPPY TRACTORING to all of you

/ Bummed out #2  
Nearly 2 months and you're only halfway through the recuperation? You have my sympathy, Jeff. Good luck with the rest of the recuperation. Now are you gonna tell us how you did that, or is that a secret? /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ Bummed out #3  
Gosh, that's tough. Living vicariously through TBN is better then being in your situation and not having TBN though.

Cliff

/ Bummed out
Yea Bird I'll tell how it happened. I had an I beam roll over on me at work. I was rigging the over head crane to it to roll it over. I was bumping the up button to make sure the chain was rigged right, when it some how it snagged something and knocked the beam over. Of course there was more beams behind me that trapped me. The beam couldnt be a small one either, about 3000lbs. Pretty dumb thing for a supervisor to do, especially when safety was one of the main things I preached /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif.

/ Bummed out #5  
In spite of our best efforts at safety, those things do happen sometimes, unfortunately. Thanks for the information; never know when it might prevent someone else from having something similar happen to them.

/ Bummed out #6  
Sorry for your luck!
It's a bad time of year to be out of commission too.
At least you have something to put the external fixator on!
Sounds like it could have been way worse.
Get well soon

/ Bummed out #7  
Sorry to hear, hope you recover more quickly than they say.

/ Bummed out
Hey guys thanks for the kind words. You are exactly right Herdfan. When they got that beam off of me I looked down and saw they were both attached and life got a little bit better right then

/ Bummed out #9  
Loges 1 .
I hope You're up and around soon ! As others have said it could have been a lot worse . Thankfully it wasn't .
Recuperating from a bad accident has a way of wearing on you . But, It soon fades once you can start to get around .
Here's hoping for a qick and complete recovery !!! John