Build a post peeler?

/ Build a post peeler? #1  

Boone

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota b7500hst
Has anyone built there own pto fence post peeler? If so would you please describe it and maybe attach a picture if you can.

/ Build a post peeler? #2  
folks told me when dad was a pup he took an old car he had and blocked one side upe and detached the park brake to the side that was up so the other would stay locked under a load, then took 2 bar rims and welded them together and welded loops of chain hanging down to beat the bark off 3 inch pine posts that his boss would lated soak in fuel and oil then dry in a ware house for treated fence poles. I saw a post peeler and sharpener that a Swedish company makes looks pretty easy.

/ Build a post peeler?
I would be up to see that car rig in operation for curiosity reasons. I'm thinking a gear box and a cutting head should just about be a post peeler. I've seen them in action at demonstrations and they do a good job fast.

/ Build a post peeler? #4  
Dad sold the car in the sixties heard many stories from his old boss about it. the chains on the car worked like a chain whipper on a portable delimber and debarker like loggers use. If you lived closer id get you some planer lades from the local chip mill, I make lathe tools and axes out of them. but could be made to sharpen a post.