Branson 4720H

/ Branson 4720H #1  

rasorbackq

Platinum Member
Tractor
Branson 4720
Was working changing the fan belt today . and I think the alternator power post touched the frame .. I heard what I thought was a sizzle noise like snow on the hot muffler. Muffler was hot but no snow in site. Then i could smell burnt after belt change I tried to start tractor no power. Checked all the fuses in little box. Is there an inline fuse ??

/ Branson 4720H #2  
There is also one or more fusible links, which is essentially, a plug with a wire in loop. On mine, those are near the starter. I don't know in your model specifically.

/ Branson 4720H
Ptsg thanks.
I did find 2 connectors as you described . One was good aND THE OTHER WAS OPEN .I popped out the connectors ... Was burnt off at one of them. reattached and good to go . Whats the other for do you know??

/ Branson 4720H #4  
Ptsg thanks.
I did find 2 connectors as you described . One was good aND THE OTHER WAS OPEN .I popped out the connectors ... Was burnt off at one of them. reattached and good to go . Whats the other for do you know??
Glad to hear that you got it going. Thanks for the update.

I think it may just be two of them but don't quote me on that. If I recall correctly, one is for the ignition and handles everything that the ignition feeds. The other one is for the glow plug circuit.