Branson 2515 Starter R&R

/ Branson 2515 Starter R&R #1  

KennJ

Tractor
Branson 2515H
My starter seems to have failed on my Branson 2515H... I have one month of warranty left on it! You can't just buy a solenoid either, and the new unit is around $700.

Looking for tips before I start. Has anyone else had to do this yet? It looks like I will have to move a hydraulic supply line. Also, seems stuck, think it may just be the paint holding it.

Thanks!

/ Branson 2515 Starter R&R #2  
It's under warranty... So why are you doing it at all?

/ Branson 2515 Starter R&R #3  
In addition to above, what tests have you done to indicate the starter is bad?

/ Branson 2515 Starter R&R
It's under warranty... So why are you doing it at all?
Well, I'm 3 ½ hours from the dealer, and I have an offset flail mower on the back and the loader on the front, both sitting on the ground, so no way to move the tractor. I just need to pull it and send it in.

In addition to above, what tests have you done to indicate the starter is bad?
Made sure the battery was fully charged. Checked the relays and fuses, checked the PTO switch and the neutral switch. The relay clicks when the key is turned, but the engine doesn't crank. Checked and cleaned the ground wire at the battery and at the frame. Checked voltage at the starter; 12.7v. Tried jumping across the solenoid. The most I ever get is a solid CLICK and after that you can only hear the relay.

I'm certainly open to any other suggestions, but even the dealer says it's sounding like it is the starter. Once I get it off I will test it off tractor.

/ Branson 2515 Starter R&R #6  
I would agree that the starter is likely the culprit. The starter generally gets its ground by the mounting surface bolts, couldn't hurt to check. Also, a long shot could be a locked up engine but unlikely.

I would agree that the starter is likely the culprit. The starter generally gets its ground by the mounting surface bolts, couldn't hurt to check. Also, a long shot could be a locked up engine but unlikely.
Yeah, the engine is fine... I ran it the night before, went to start it then next day and nothing there.

FYI, got the starter out and had it bench tested locally. Failed, so working on gettin a replacement under warranty.