Boomer 8N won't move

/ Boomer 8N won't move
If you tried the test I suggested with the shifter in neutral and got no warning on the cluster,your go-pedal is bad or has a connection problem. We had many bad pedals at the factory,that's what I base my theory on.

I start the tractor with the shifter in neutral and when I step on the 'go pedal' the rpm's go up but no 'RP'.

From what I remember the 'RP' would only appear if you then tried to move the shift lever into forward or reverse with the RPM's up. I tried this and no 'RP' then either. The tractor 'knows' the shift lever is being moved because it shuts down if I am not in the seat when shifting into forward or reverse.

The PTO works (the speed indicator for the PTO changes with the RPM's).

No word from the dealer yet but it's only been 24 hours.....

/ Boomer 8N won't move #12  
Check the go-pedal connector to ensure it hasn't become disconnected. If it is connected,disconnect it and check both connectors for damaged wires or pins in the connectors that may have loosened and worked out of the connector bodies. Make sure the locks "snap" when you re-connect. If you don't find any problems like I just described it's very likely the pedal has gone bad.

With these units it's hard to know what the problems are so your dealer may have to use his diagnostic tool to check for any error codes that don't show up on the ADIC.

/ Boomer 8N won't move #13  
I am betting on a bad pedal. I have a 3040 with the CVT. The RPMs are controlled by a physical cable on the "GO" pedal (so even if the electrical connector was completely disconnected, pressing the pedal will still change the RPMs). The movement is controlled by electronic signal.

I would definitely second the check of the connector on the pedal. I also noticed that the wires on my pedal are very exposed & easily damaged. They are a much finer wire than most of the others and are not protected by any type of wire/split loom.

Best of luck & let us know the outcome. I am sure the dealer will be able to figure it out quickly.

/ Boomer 8N won't move
I am betting on a bad pedal. I have a 3040 with the CVT. The RPMs are controlled by a physical cable on the "GO" pedal (so even if the electrical connector was completely disconnected, pressing the pedal will still change the RPMs). The movement is controlled by electronic signal.

I would definitely second the check of the connector on the pedal. I also noticed that the wires on my pedal are very exposed & easily damaged. They are a much finer wire than most of the others and are not protected by any type of wire/split loom.

Best of luck & let us know the outcome. I am sure the dealer will be able to figure it out quickly.

Thanks for the reply.

I checked the pedal connector and it looks ok. It was clean and all of the pins appear to be straight.

I checked all of the fuses as well.

Still waiting on the dealers call - now it's 48 hours ......

/ Boomer 8N won't move #15  
Thanks for the reply.

I checked the pedal connector and it looks ok. It was clean and all of the pins appear to be straight.

I checked all of the fuses as well.

Still waiting on the dealers call - now it's 48 hours ......
Did you have any luck determining the problem? I'm having the exact same issue on my tractor.

/ Boomer 8N won't move #16  
Did anybody get a fix on this issue with the Boomer 8Ns. It only happens in cooler weather causing me to believe it has something to do with a hydraulic sensor. The engine starts up fine and it feels like the go pedal is engaging but tractor will only move forward and backward about 2" per minute. If I play around with it moving it back and forth for about 15 minutes it will sometimes come out of it almost like a sensor releases. The cooler weather has me leaning towards a hydraulic problem. Does anyone know if the hydraulic sensor would have anything to do with this

/ Boomer 8N won't move #17  
I haven't had any luck so far. New Holland Mechanic came out twice, but can't find the issue. Replaced a hydraulic pressure sensor - didn't work. Tried a new shuttle shifter and go pedal - neither fixed the issue. We are also noticing my gauges are acting oddly too.
Luckily they were able to keep the items in the packaging and didn't charge me. The go pedal is $1300 and the shuttle shifter is $350. I'm beginning to think it is the computer controller.