Backhoe Boom Arm Drops During Simultaneous Use of Stick and/or Bucket

/ Boom Arm Drops During Simultaneous Use of Stick and/or Bucket #1  

fogmann

Tractor
GC1723EB
Have 50 hours on my GC1723EB.
Since new the backhoe would had an issue with the boom arm dropping when I engage use of the other hydraulic lever to activate the stick/bucket. I would have to overcome the arm drop manually by opening the valve more. This is a pain as I was digging a deep hole for a downspout to perimeter drain next to my house, and wanted the bucket come straight up out of the hole, rather than swing out into the house.
I called the dealer, and they replied that this is expected behaviour from a little backhoe, and they are not designed to engage both valves simultaneously.

TLDR; when slowly lifting the boom arm, then engaging the other valve for the stick/bucket, the arm drops unless manually componsating by opening the valve further.

Is this normal behaviour, do I get it serviced, or something I can adjust?

/ Boom Arm Drops During Simultaneous Use of Stick and/or Bucket #2  
Have 50 hours on my GC1723EB.
Since new the backhoe would had an issue with the boom arm dropping when I engage use of the other hydraulic lever to activate the stick/bucket. I would have to overcome the arm drop manually by opening the valve more. This is a pain as I was digging a deep hole for a downspout to perimeter drain next to my house, and wanted the bucket come straight up out of the hole, rather than swing out into the house.
I called the dealer, and they replied that this is expected behaviour from a little backhoe, and they are not designed to engage both valves simultaneously.

TLDR; when slowly lifting the boom arm, then engaging the other valve for the stick/bucket, the arm drops unless manually componsating by opening the valve further.

Is this normal behaviour, do I get it serviced, or something I can adjust?
Normal behavior is to act like a normal backhoe. I use a three point type, a caterpillar and a John Deere, they all perform the same. In fact, three tractor type I use on occasion, all work like big machines do. The only one I kinda dislike is a three stick cat with foot pedal swing. They always call me to run it, because I can, without killing anybody. That makes a difference when fellas are working in the ditch.

Attachments

• IMG_20220820_150338.jpg
    IMG_20220820_150338.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 45
   / Boom Arm Drops During Simultaneous Use of Stick and/or Bucket #3  
I would suspect a faulty or missing load check in the boom valve.

Question if you raise the stick so gravity would make it drop and then continue to raise does it drop if you operate another function? If no then that also points to missing or faulty load check on boom valve section.