Oil & Fuel Bobcat B200 hydraulic oil ?

/ Bobcat B200 hydraulic oil ? #1  

westcliffe01

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota M4500DT, B200 backhoe
Hi Folks

Seems I am having a rough start in my experience with my B200.

Machine details:
2003 model
1500 hours
Kubota turbo diesel engine 31hp
1 ton rated capacity
Gross weight 6300lbs

While I initially thought I had run low on oil, I discovered during an inspection tonight that the tank is nearly full after adding 4 gal of fluid, so I had at least 5 gal in there at the lowest point.

The first I knew I had a problem is that I went to move a yard of dirt and it would not move when I depressed the hydro pedal. I found that if I just held down the pedal, it would creep a bit and then the speed would build until it appeared to run normally. But: if you stop, the process starts all over again.

I did some research into what kind of oil goes into the machine since Bobcat won't say what it is and the nearest dealer is 70 miles one way. From the info on the Rexroth site and comments by others on this site I concluded that 46G oil would be OK. I added 4 gal to the tank but this made no difference whatsoever to the symptoms.

The weekend prior, I had put about 50 hours on the machine moving firewood and a bit of dirt. None of it worked the machine very hard and it worked perfectly with no strange noises or any form of warning (is there really no level sensor on the hydraulic fluid tank ?). Any ideas what might be behind this ? Faulty control valve ? There is only 1 filter and all of the other hydraulics work perfectly, so I am not suspecting that.

Best regards
Keith

Last edited: