Bob_Bainbridge, How does your CC XT3 GSX cut?

/ Bob_Bainbridge, How does your CC XT3 GSX cut?
I'd have sold you mine with 60 hours on it for $3800. I just want to get out from under it.

/ Bob_Bainbridge, How does your CC XT3 GSX cut? #12  
Ran ours over the front lawn yesterday. It's supposed to rain today so it was a good opportunity to test the cut, maybe.
One thing _did_ NOT impress is the reverse gearing. Very abrupt transition from forward to reverse when engaged and the ratio is lower than comfortable.
Maybe I can get to feathering reverse with the pedal, certainly hope so, but it's press the pedal, press the pedal, press the pedal ... neck snap backward. Jeez. Who thought that was appropriate!
More ...

/ Bob_Bainbridge, How does your CC XT3 GSX cut?
Ran ours over the front lawn yesterday. It's supposed to rain today so it was a good opportunity to test the cut, maybe.
One thing _did_ NOT impress is the reverse gearing. Very abrupt transition from forward to reverse when engaged and the ratio is lower than comfortable.
Maybe I can get to feathering reverse with the pedal, certainly hope so, but it's press the pedal, press the pedal, press the pedal ... neck snap backward. Jeez. Who thought that was appropriate!
More ...
There is a grease fitting under there at the pivot of the lever if I recall. Mine was similar, and if I recall correctly I found a grease fitting and slimed it up real nice and it helped a lot. If it wasn't a grease fitting, I lubed it up with a spray grease if some sort. That was over 6 months ago, so I'm foggy on the details.

/ Bob_Bainbridge, How does your CC XT3 GSX cut? #14  
I got some scalping (fab deck at position #2) when I was mowing the drainage swale along the road in front. It's not an extreme angle, the slope, but it feels uncomfortably so with this large machine.
Lastly it took a bit to clean off the mower afterward. Wifie insisted on the mulching kit and I'm glad I was wearing a dust mask. The debris was coated on the deck top to the extent of using an air hose twice to get it all off.

/ Bob_Bainbridge, How does your CC XT3 GSX cut? #15  
Thanks, I'll look at that.
There is a grease fitting under there at the pivot of the lever if I recall. Mine was similar, and if I recall correctly I found a grease fitting and slimed it up real nice and it helped a lot. If it wasn't a grease fitting, I lubed it up with a spray grease if some sort. That was over 6 months ago, so I'm foggy on the details.

/ Bob_Bainbridge, How does your CC XT3 GSX cut? #16  
My Reverse doesn't engage any more abruptly than the forward gear. Perhaps the lube will help. My daughter cut the lawn last month on the "2" setting and the grass looked about the length of a putting green. Way too close for me. I normally cut at "3" and that's shorter than they recommend for best weed suppression.

Bob B.

/ Bob_Bainbridge, How does your CC XT3 GSX cut? #17  
We have several Water Oaks on the property at the front - lots of leaves and twigs and acorns and rain was forecast for Friday PM. So basically I was mulching leaves more than anything. Did a pretty good job tho a Lawn Sweeper maybe indicated. (Rain did arrive on schedule)
Best Lawn Sweeper I've seen is a Cyclone Rake. The impeller fell apart (!) after the warranty was up. Am looking at the Ohio Steel from
NT.
Yes to position 2 being too low I would have mowed another section on 4 but wanted to avoid running low on gas. And that section has new rye the ponies are enjoying. Leaving that be for the nonce.
Still searching for the perfect tow rake for leaves, acorns and twigs. A company called Gratz has a good looking unit (but 1.2 K!) that counter rotates and can be angled, and Yard-Tuff has a 60" tine rake at $250. Cheap SOB that I am Yard-Tuff is winning. Would be perfect if a sweeper and a twig rake had a pup.