Best 1-Ton "Micro" Excavator?

/ Best 1-Ton "Micro" Excavator? #1  

HenRut

Bronze Member
Tractor
2015 TYM T1003C
I have a need for a mini-excavator of around 10hp, 1-2 ton (sort of a "micro" ex) for interior demo work. My sole criteria is that it fit through a standard doorway. Bobcat makes a model 418. Anyone with any experience with it, or any others? I'm looking for the most bang for the buck, which, in my case would mean lifting capacity and arm/bucket digging force. Thanks in advance.

/ Best 1-Ton "Micro" Excavator? #2  
Never seen a 10hp model. Even the smallest 800kg models have like 18hp or so, from a 2 cylinder kubby or yanmar.

I wonder what a 1 ton worm whacker will do on a concrete floor anyways... it sure beats a shovel, but i think i can do more with a 3 pound sledge than with a 1 ton ex.

/ Best 1-Ton "Micro" Excavator? #3  
I own a JCB 8015, great little machine, weighs just under 4000lbs. I was told to stay away from bob cat, not the best bang for $$ ????

/ Best 1-Ton "Micro" Excavator? #5  
I wonder what a 1 ton worm whacker will do on a concrete floor anyways... it sure beats a shovel, but i think i can do more with a 3 pound sledge than with a 1 ton ex.

People swinging 3 lb sledge hammers have a tendancy to file workmans comp claims. Mini excavators don't. Sad but true fact..

/ Best 1-Ton "Micro" Excavator? #6  
Ive run a small Airman a great deal and liked it. I ve also run the small IHI, ANd a PC01 PC02, PC03, The PC01 you ride like a motor cycle. They all were grey market except for one Komatsu jack knife. Its got a hammer built into the stick. I went up against a man with the same claim of out doing a PC03 with his 8 pound sledge. He had me for about 2 minutes. He gave out and I kept on for 9 hours. Also dug a 3 foot deep trench 4 feet wide down 2 sides of the wall. In that time. Some of the Komatsus in the size also come in electric drive to for indoors work. The PC03 had a one cylinder deisel and the I think the 02 did to and one of the 01 also had it but the other 01 had a Honda gas motor.

/ Best 1-Ton "Micro" Excavator? #7  
Have you checked the Yanmar SV08? Ultra-tight turning model, just over a ton, and 10 hp - close to your wish list of requirements. :)

/ Best 1-Ton "Micro" Excavator? #8  
People swinging 3 lb sledge hammers have a tendancy to file workmans comp claims. Mini excavators don't. Sad but true fact..

I meant 3 KG sledge instead of 3 pound... and I was talking about working for myself... So complaints filed at myself will be bribed with beer. ;)
Breaking up a concrete floor with just a bucket on the 1 ton mini ex, i wonder if it ever gets through it at all...

But when a jackhammer comes into the game, i throw the towel in the ring because thats no comparison to swinging a sledge :D