Bale moving RK37

/ Bale moving RK37 #1  

blueheeler47

Considering an RK37 for our small farm, 24 acres, are they big enough to move round bales with the FEL? I will be using it to clean up fallen trees and pasture mowing as well, just want to make sure I am getting enough tractor to move hay with.

/ Bale moving RK37 #2  
Considering an RK37 for our small farm, 24 acres, are they big enough to move round bales with the FEL? I will be using it to clean up fallen trees and pasture mowing as well, just want to make sure I am getting enough tractor to move hay with.

Get us the front end loader specs and check your bale weights.
By the brochure it looks like it.
Tractor Data seems to think so. That lift capacity is incredible, if it’s true.

1675204548176.png

/ Bale moving RK37 #3  
How big are your bales? What do they weigh? The spec sheet says 2235 pounds. Do need to double stack the hay? Are you in mud and or hills?

You could use a spear on the 3 point where you have more lifting capacity.

/ Bale moving RK37 #4  
I use a double spear attachment on my FEL without any issue. The round bales I get run about 900 lbs on average. Even with loaded rear tires it does feel a little light on the rear end without an implement attached to the 3 pt.

/ Bale moving RK37 #6  
I have a slightly larger tractor than what you are looking at, however my loader specs are only about 10% more than the RK. I bought 700# rounds and unloaded and stacked them two at a time with a two prong hay spear with ease. I had a 500# implement on the three point and my rear tires are loaded putting about another 900 to 1000 pounds on the back. If you are on fairly level ground and have loaded tires, it sounds like the tractor will do the job for you.

/ Bale moving RK37 #7  
You should be right with that amount of hp... although you'd be 'on the edge', depending on your terrain & slope. You'll definitely need to counterbalance with either an implement or, better still, a ballast box off of the 3PH.

Keep the bale (load) low and go slow.

My 41hp 4105 handles 4x5 bales just fine as long as I don't 'get cocky'.

/ Bale moving RK37 #8  
I bought the RK 37 and have no problem with 4x5 or 5x6' bales. I purchase 4x5 bales regularly and help my neighbor with their 5x6 bales and can lift and stack them 2 high. These bales range in weight from 900 to 1250 lbs,, no problems.