Bagger for G1900

/ Bagger for G1900 #1  

Anonymous Poster

We are thinking about a rear bagger for our G1900S,the local dealer has priced a unit,installed,for $1450.00.I know this is a very good bagger,does this seem in line? Also,has anyone installed one of these units by themselves?

/ Bagger for G1900 #2  
This price sounds reasonable to me. I also own a G1900 1999 model, how has yours been for you? I dont have a bagger for it but have seen one and it looks like a very well made unit. I like the fact that it is a shaft drive to the blower. Do you have the 60'' mower deck for your tractor? Mine has the 60'' do you find that this mower seems to bounce alot due to its design, riding directly on the ground?

/ Bagger for G1900
Yes,if you have a less than perfect lawn, the mower rides a little rough.By the year of your unit,you should have the helper springs located on the back edge of your deck,try to adjust these springs as tight as you can get them,regardless of what the chart shows,this will help the deck float a bit better.Also,try to adjust the tire pressure a little,this will also help the ride a bit.The newer style decks,like on the BX and the T-series mowers are suspended,and don't completely float on the ground contour.Yes,we have the 60" deck,and does a great job of mowing,other than it could ride a little better,hope this helps.

/ Bagger for G1900 #4  
What year is your tractor and what dealer did you purchase from? Do you find that this tractor should possibly have wheel weights on the rear? when mowing mine tends to spin on slopes due to the weight of the 60" mower and the fact that it rides on the ground causing extra drag. Also what weight engine oil do you use. It calls for 10w30 but I use 15w40 . Do you have any other attachments for your tractor such as a snowblower? I am looking for a snowblower for mine. Thanks

/ Bagger for G1900
Mike,We bought our G1900S in June of 1999,from our local dealer,we live in N.W.Mo.Yes,the unit is light in the rear-end,this is not because of the mower deck,it's from the weight of the engine,most of which is carried on the front axle.I've seen rear wheel weights installed on other units,and I think this helps quit a bit.I've also seen lug type tires installed on the rear,and I think this helps with the traction problem also.We don't have any other attachments for our 1900,we also have a B2710 with a loader and rear blade I use for snow removal.I would think with the power the 1900 has,and if you could weight the rear end a little,it should be a snow-blowing machine.Even with the less than perfect ride and the rear weight issue,the 1900 is a very good garden tractor and does a great job of mowing.

/ Bagger for G1900
Forgot to add,I also use Kubotas 15-40 wgt. oil in both our tractors,also use their filters.We've had a Kubota around since 1994,I've always used brand oil and filters with no problems,especially during the warranty period.

/ Bagger for G1900 #7  
Mike, Thanks for the reply, it seems that you are just as happy with your kubota as I am. If you ever have a question that I could assist with please ask, I check this forum often. Thanks again.

/ Bagger for G1900
I just bought a used G1900S, 60" deck with 53 hours on it and got the bagger for it. I paid $1700 for the bagger, so I'd say 1450 is a good price. As far as performance, I am very pleased. I let my grass go unmowed for 2 months and it had a bunch of leaves as well (broken Power King mower deck). The damp places were over a foot long. The bagger did clog with the long wet grass before all the bags filled, and they filled quickly with the grass as long as it was. 2 bags would fill, but the third one didn't. Interestingly, the mower deck never clogged or slowed down - it just spewed out from the base and didn't even sound like it was working hard. Unclogging the tube was easy enough. For the dry areas that were mostly leaves, it was wonderful. All 3 bags filled to the top of the cover and no clogs at all. I think once I get back to the regular cycle of mowing, it will be fine without clogging at all. The grass and leaves looked like they went through a shredder. It left no debris on the ground except when I mowed backwards there was a line of grass left. I was impressed. The dealer was right, I do like the bagger.

The installation involves cutting the top guard to make room for the shaft drive thingy. I'm glad I let the dealer install it. It is easy to remove the unit to mow without it once it is installed and easy to put back on.

Mary

/ Bagger for G1900
Mary,thanks for you reply,glad to here from someone who owns one of these baggers.Sounds like a very good unit from your discription,also seems like our dealer is in the ballpark on price.We've had our 1900 for two mowing seasons,and it has been a great mower so far.I know you'll enjoy yours for many years to come.Sounds like you came across a very good,low hour unit,a rare find indeed.

/ Bagger for G1900
Yes, that's why I bought it on the spot after doing some research here to find out it was a good tractor. Someone had bought it after the dealer tried to tell him it wasn't enough tractor for his application. The dealer was right, he traded it in after a season for the next one up. I didn't think I'd be able to find a used Kubota, so I bought it when I saw it. I sure am impressed with how strong a mower it is.

Mary