Bad weld on 3710 bucket

/ Bad weld on 3710 bucket #1  

Billc

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota 5400 4x4 with ROPS, canopy, 1001 loader, heavy duty quick release bucket with tooth bar, 280 Bush Hog brush cutter, 6' Bush Hog box blade, 6' Bush Hog plug aerator, 3 point hay spear, 6' Lands
This concerns my Brother's 3710. He called me over the other day to look at the bucket on his loader. On the back of the bucket is a large bracket welded to the bucket. The loader arms attach to this bracket. The weld on the left bracket had given way. This caused the metal on the bucket to tear clean through. Once the left weld holding the bracket in place had given way the right bracket weld gave way too, though it didn't tear through the bucket. We ran it up to the Kubota dealer and they will replace the bucket at no cost. Sam had bought the tractor about a year ago. Anyone else have this happen? And it was a defective weld.

/ Bad weld on 3710 bucket #2  
Bill, I had a ROPS bracket break on my B21. The B21 has a 4 point ROPS and the angle on top of both front post had cracked. In this case it was the angle not the weld that gave way. Someone on the forum suggested Kubota would be interested in this type of problem so I called and they replaced the parts. Without a warranty that was great for me.