Backhoe Backhoe Piston Hitting Fitting (BH75)

/ Backhoe Piston Hitting Fitting (BH75) #11  
You say you've put 100 hours on it, but that is a fairly old tractor, so I assume the tractor or backhoe is used and new to you? If so, then I think we know the answer -- previous owner probably bent or stressed something to point it deformed a little. If all else seems OK, I agree, rotate the cylinder 180 degrees and re-do hoses as needed.

/ Backhoe Piston Hitting Fitting (BH75) #12  
Could an operator have used the bucket as a "thumb" pressing an object against the dipper stick to bend it?

While that's possible, the BH I have is similar and have grappled big rocks up against the dipper stick prior to getting the mechanical thumb with no issues.

I can see this happening backing into/hitting something like a tree with force and weight of the tractor doing this though.

/ Backhoe Piston Hitting Fitting (BH75) #13  
While that's possible, the BH I have is similar and have grappled big rocks up against the dipper stick prior to getting the mechanical thumb with no issues.

I can see this happening backing into/hitting something like a tree with force and weight of the tractor doing this though.

Maybe backing into a stump or a rock. (rocks in the "Granite State" ?)
I am absolutely certain that dipper stick was not manufactured with a bow it it.

/ Backhoe Piston Hitting Fitting (BH75) #14  
Geez 150hrs, pivot point bone dry and the stick is bent. Time to step off the machine.