Backhoe Backhoe Installation vs. Belly Mower Operation

/ Backhoe Installation vs. Belly Mower Operation #11  
Two other things to consider. Do you have R4 tires? If not we should talk about that.

The other possibility, and I'll probably get slammed for saying it, is to rig the Woods 7500 for 3PH mounting rather than subframe. In this config, you still need the new top link bracket on the tractor, but after that the woods mounts on just like the Kubota and has all the same properties. This is how I had the Woods 6500 on my B2400. It worked fine.

Despite this possibility, I'd recommend the Kubota over the woods. I like the Kubota mounting better, in particular the way the top bar hooks over the lower pin in the top link bracket, and then you slide the top pin in place. This makes getting things lined up MUCH easier than on the woods since the hook over the lower pin guides everything into position.

Peter

/ Backhoe Installation vs. Belly Mower Operation
Peter, I do have R4's.

I know Woods makes 3ph versions of all its hoes. I have a price exactly $1000 less for a Woods 7500 3ph vs. the 4690 3ph. Much of the difference is made up from the fact that the 4690 includes the integral pto pump, which is expensive. I can get the Woods without the pump on the BH and run the hydraulics to the BH from the loader valve with two simple quick connect hose couplers. The dealer has done many Woods backhoe installations this way, and is confident that the 2710/2910 bydraulic systems are powerful enought to handle the BH. He also has convinced me, along with other posts on these forums, that the so-called contamination issue of running the hoe with tractor hydraulics is too small a risk for me to worry about.

It seems that the hydraulic attachment/removal of the Woods might be easier. I think you are saying that the toplink pin problem may be less with the Woods. But you are also saying that the rest of the 3ph mechanical attachment/removal is easier and better with the Kubota. I think the dealer agrees with this.

So this is a mixed bag, as we used to say in the 60's. Big price difference, though.

Glenn

/ Backhoe Installation vs. Belly Mower Operation #13  
Glenn, I am anxiously awaiting (along with many others) the tale of the resurrection, of the infamous nautical vessal 'USS GlennMac'! This has got be good, and we are waiting for every dirty little detail! (had to be a dirty job)

/ Backhoe Installation vs. Belly Mower Operation #14  
Is the woods $1000 less than the used 4690? That's a big difference, but my experience is that in the long run you'll be much better off getting the one you like best. This is of course real easy for me to say when it's your money.

As for attachment, I don't think the top link pin is an issue once the frame is step up.

Does the hydraulic attachment to the loader control disable the loader? I presume not. Also, how do the hoses get routed from the BH to the loader valve? Will they be easy to dress/undress?