Snow Attachments Back blade, box blade, loader; forward or reverse?

/ Back blade, box blade, loader; forward or reverse?
I live in Kiowa Colorado and turn my blade around and push the snow and use my FEL to pile up the snow. Just set you feet slightly above the grade and you should be fine. Welcome to the site.

Howdy neighbor, you'r only about half an hour away. I was in Colorado Springs suburbia for 5 years before moving out to tractor country here in Parker this summer. No skid shoes on my blade yet. Trying to figure out an easy cheap way to mount some in my nonexistent free time. In the mean time I've snagged some 2" ABS pipe & am going to see if slitting that & putting it under the blade will get the job done, as I've seen recommended by a few.

/ Back blade, box blade, loader; forward or reverse? #12  
Fallon, I've been checking CL regularly and never find any tractor equipment. As I still consider myself a nubile I'm coming to realize people keep their farm equipment and don't sell it often. I've found some items at farm auctions but they don't happen all that often. Given this experience I've asked a lot of questions and gotten a lot of good advice from some very smart people on this site. besides some good advice, I keep hearing buy quality as it will last and likely last longer than your tractor.

I used my rear blade to pull most of the material that was pushed off the drive back onto the driveway this summer. As Im thinking we are in for a big time winter, I'm buying a 3pt snow blower. I've gotten a price on a meteor75" blower but haven't had time to go put my money down.

Lastly there is a new kubota dealer between Elizabeth and Kiowa that you might want to check out. I've not stopped in yet as they've only been open a few months now.

Keep in touch.

/ Back blade, box blade, loader; forward or reverse?
Got my new L3200 from them a few months & 42 hours ago. Getting the rears loaded with them here soon as well. Would have done it sooner, but they are a new enough dealer they didn't have the fluid & pumps until this month.
Picked up my rotary cutter & back blade with the tractor.

I liked the Kubota's better than the green at that size & the other dealers were a little further away than I'd like,so went with the new dealer out there. A little small on the selection, but not too bad. They were a little short staffed & inexperienced, but not unwarranted for one only in business for a few months.

Craigslist definitely has been sparse. Only thing worse looking is my wallet after getting the house on 5 acres & a new tractor. ;-) Doesn't keep me from keeping an eye on CL all the time though.

/ Back blade, box blade, loader; forward or reverse? #14  
If you angle the blade much it is just going to drag the tractor sideways.

Sometimes with a rear blade I leave it in the forward position and drive backwards.

/ Back blade, box blade, loader; forward or reverse? #15  
Fallon, I fully understand the budget buster issues. I have my youngest still in college.Again, being a nubie, if you go to Tractor Attachments And Skid Steer Attachments For Any Tractor Or Skid Steer they have great videos how to use a variety of equipment.Here is a video on how to use a rear blade to plow snow on utube... How To Series - Snow Removal - Tractor Rear Scrape Blade - YouTube

If you click on my screen name and then view my profile, you can see my Kioti tractor and the rear blade I own. I had an initial problem with the holes not lining up and they sent a replacement part right away. With the multiple angles and positions, it does everything I need to get done with one implement. This is also the blade i do most of my plowing with. I also push snow with the blade faced forward as Bullitt indicates.

Lastly, I don't know if you have livestock, but we have at least one mountain lion coming through our property periodically. I'm told these cats get into your neck of the woods as I'm presuming your location is east of parker more in the country.

/ Back blade, box blade, loader; forward or reverse? #16  
Don't see many folks using the loader for plowing. My drive is 300' long with a large (6 car or so) parking area up near the house. Surface is asphalt.

I've had my 3510i for 5 years now, and have always used the loader. I have a 6' SS bucket that I bought for snow use. In back I use a 6' BB with ballast strapped on. Couple passes down the drive, a little clean up of what dribbles off the bucket with the BB, and then clean out the parking area.

Pretty efficient IMHO. I prefer driving forward - No stiff neck from looking over my shoulder, and easier to back out of any potential stuck I may encounter. Again, IMHO.

Fully ballasted with filled rears, my tractor weighs in around 6K. Running R-4's with little issue.