B7100 - New Seat

/ B7100 - New Seat #1  

bpence

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota B7100 HST - 1995
This is the new suspension seat I installed on the B7100. It came from Tractor Supply Company and cost $139.95. Right now it's mounted on a 3/4" plywood plate that I'm going to repace with 1/4" steel plate this weekend. It is absolutely, positively, beyond a shadow of a doubt a great seat for this tractor.

Bob Pence

/ B7100 - New Seat #2  
Bob - It looks pretty much identical to the one I installed on my L4310HST, except that mine doesn't have the wraparound "ears". Sure does make life easier, doesn't it?

MarkC
ChalkleySig2.gif

/ B7100 - New Seat
You know, it's kind of funny. Now that the new seat has been on for about a month, I really don't know why I didn't install an improved seat sooner. Wear and tear on my back is dramatically reduced and overall fatigue while operating for 2-3 hours at a time is greatly reduced. I guess it was just one of those brain cramp things.

And you're absolutely right; sure does make life just a little easier.

You might have noticed I didn't have my Chalkley Jr. cup on the tractor, rather I had my old cup holder in front of the seat. I experienced a major magnet malfunction (meaning they fell off the cup/stayed attached to the tractor) a couple of weeks ago and I haven't gotten around to trying a different adhesive yet. Got to get those magnets back in place......you never know what the positive effects might be.

Bob Pence

/ B7100 - New Seat #4  
BPence,When you installed the new seat with the sisscor/suspension,did this seem to "raise" you up the 4/5 inches that it appears?I've tried putting a block on my current seat and then setting on it,it just feels like I'm setting too high,when I slide the seat foward,the height seems O.K. but I'm too close to the pedals and steering wheel.How did this change work out for you?

/ B7100 - New Seat #5  
Bob -

You're a man after my own heart -- a tractor tinkerer!!! /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Thanks for sharing, pictures and all. Great job on all your modifications. Maybe you could stop by my place some day -- I'm getting the urge for a top & tilt kit, and I'll bet you could make one out of a screen door closer, some garden hose and maybe a little baling wire. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

As for the cup adhesive, I just posted my latest finding in another post.

Keep on tinkerin'!

HarvSig.gif

/ B7100 - New Seat
MikeR, the appearance of the suspension seat is a bit deceiving. The seat compresses about 2"-2 1/2" when you sit on it. Actual height above the original seat with the operator in position is about 1 1/2" - 1 3/4". So, I do sit a little bit higher, but don't see it as a problem. The comfort of the seat more than offsets the minor change in seating position. And actually, I like the new positioning in relation to the steering wheel and foot pedals. After 8-10 hrs. use, I can say with authority (at least as much authority as my wife will give me) that it's a lot more comfortable than the old seat arrangement. The only drawback I've found so far is that it is a bit more difficult to reach the 4 wheel drive lever, but I don't change that very often anyway.

Bob Pence

/ B7100 - New Seat #7  
Thanks for the reply,I'm going to look into one as soon as possible.Sounds like money very well spent.