B7001 Kubota

/ B7001 Kubota #1  

Anonymous Poster

I am looking to buy a B7001 Kubota in Victoria Aust. Seems you can't take them to the states so we in Oz get them instead. What do I look for? Need it to run a 36" slasher to cut grass. Already have a MF135 so I don't need more HP.
Has anyone had any dealings with grey market dealers in OZ?

/ B7001 Kubota
Well finally bought one and it is in great condition. Replaced fuel, oil and air filters yesterday. Get my filters from Truck Bits Australia at Dandenong. Rang them Friday said I had a B7100 - slight fib - they rang back 30 mins later to say they had them all for $27 Aust which I think is quite cheap. (Donaldson brand). Unit now runs like new with its new filters. Only prob I can find is a split fuel cap and a torn boot on the front diff.
Rotary Hoe is perfect as the day it left the factory 20+ years ago. Those Japanese paddy farmers had even left the tool box full of original Kubota spanners. Thanks to Peter Marshall at Victorian Wholesale Light Tractors from a very satisfied customer.

/ B7001 Kubota
For those that may be interested the Donaldson filter numbers fo B7100 and B7001 are
Air - F12-1240
Oil - P550162
Fuel - J8620563

The grey market suppliers in Victoria are -
Victorian Wholesale Light Tractors Dandenong - where I got mine.
Miller Plant and Equipment Deer Park - cheap - say no more
Small Horse Tractors Dandenong - More expensive Repainted machines making it hard to check them.

/ B7001 Kubota
Look under www.dieseltraders.com.au for good info on imported Kubota tractors.We have sold them for 9 years with very good results

we use the following filters for many years:
Oil Z79A (same as early Ford Laser, Mazda 323)AUD 6.50
Fuel FF5104 Fleetguard AUD 8.50
Air AF 1658k Fleetguard.AUD 22.00 all plus GST.

Many B7001's have been around a long time,so always look for rust, wear in gearbox (noisy), front diff, make sure the engine starts easy after glowing for 20 seconds and runs with no smoke and (very little)fume from the breather.We always fit new batteries, trim seats, and most paintwork these days is so faded that we repaint most units. Oil leaks at front diff are quite common, as are worn or damaged diff bearings. Cracked tyres are plentyful which we usually replace with new ones.The cracks will usually be present for many years before a total tyre failure occurs.

Lately we are selling more B1400, B1500, B1-15 etc which is replacement for B7001. They look diffrent on the out side but are very similar under the panelwork.

They perform very well with a 3' slasher but some customers have used 4' which it can handle. A 4' slasher will stall the tractor fairly readily in high grass, but if grass is sparse it works well.Front weights are essential to keep the front down,more so on hilly slopes.Rollframes are optional on this model;as they weigh 495 kg.

We are able to supply standard and 4in1 loaders for all the small Kubotas, which are really useful around any property

Parts generally correspond to B7100, but note they are not identical. Some small diffrences occur, but 99% of parts fit and work well. so keeping it running wont be a problem.We supply copies of parts and owners manuals to help with the maintenace and support of the tractor.

The tractors come in without linkages as they drive a 2 point link rotary tiller. Many of the add on 3 point links we have seen are very ordinary. Proper ballends are available and we make many of the parts to make up a linkage set to category 1 standard.

In summary, the tractors are good, and there are many good reputable outlets for them. The shonky ones make it bad for the grey market generally.

/ B7001 Kubota
Finally got the linkage built using some old linkage arms from a MF135 cut to suit the Kubota. Fitted a new 3'6" slasher and the unit works fantastic. Should have done this years ago.