B6100 whirrrrrrl after shutdown

/ B6100 whirrrrrrl after shutdown #1  

heehaw

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota M4900, B7510 and RTV
what in the heck is still whirling after i shut down the engine on my B6100; its not the fan, i can see that, but it "whirls" for several seconds after i shut-er down??
heehaw

/ B6100 whirrrrrrl after shutdown #2  
Hmmm...

'Can't say 'cause my B6100D just goes silent.

I wonder if your whirrrrrl might be hydraulics 3PH (or FEL if you have one) bleeding down(?) Just a thought.

Just had another thought... maybe it's the front PTO spinning down if you don't have a FEL hydraulic pump on it - or the rear one if you have it engaged but no implement on it... Just tossing out thoughts....

/ B6100 whirrrrrrl after shutdown #3  
I think you will find that it is the throwout bearing on the clutch. Mine does it too. To check, go to full throttle in neutral with the clutch out for 30 seconds or so and kill it quick. Do you hear the noise? Does it quit instantly when you slowly step on the clutch but before you actually disengage the clutch? If so that is it.

/ B6100 whirrrrrrl after shutdown #4  
After my post I think I remembered that there is a zerk fitting for the throwout bearing that is accessable from underneath the tractor by looking up into the housing for the clutch linkage etc. Probably ought to give that a few shots of grease. Good luck.

/ B6100 whirrrrrrl after shutdown
FOUND IT; it was the front pto for the belly mower; just a flip of the switch to engage the electric clutch stops the shaft. thanks for the replies.