B2710 vs JD 4200

/ B2710 vs JD 4200 #1  

Alan L.

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota B2710
A plumber frend of mine installed my septic yesterday and brought along is new JD 4200 with backhoe. He didn't dig the big hole with it (his big yellow JD did that), but his son got up under my porch awning and finished digging the trench. I didn't drive it but it is an impressive looking tractor. Seems heavier built than my Kubota even though it has slightly less HP. I'm very happy with my Kubota, but wonder if anyone has made this comparison. When I bought my Kubota in May '99 the 4000 series from JD were very hard to get, so I didn't give them a lot of consideration.

/ B2710 vs JD 4200 #2  
Weight as I remember was a bit more, but with less hp didn't make a lot of sense for me. As they are both compacts, don't see the extra weight allowing significant increase in work capability, and was actually a negative from a mowing standpoint.

Had bad experiences with JD, incl. corporate, but that aside a couple days searching the web drove a quick decision that I did not want a 4000 series. Numerous serious recalls and dissatisfied customers.

/ B2710 vs JD 4200 #3  
Alan L.
Thats one of the reason I tell people who are shopping for tractors.."Take your time and do your home work also ask as many question you can think of"

My first choice was a NH. /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif
Do to the traveling distance to both NH dealers,also the closes dealer attitude turn me away from NH.
JD is a very good machine!!
I compare a JD to the Kubota in which I have now,and the price differents was $2.650.oo /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gifalso there was traveling distance.

My Kubota dealer 13 miles {or one large coffee /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif}and his doors are open 55 hours a week plus no BS!!

The model I have fits me to a tee and has done everything and more in which I have ask of it. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif
{Just wish I got power steering /w3tcompact/icons/crazy.gif}

Kinda to bad that all three tractor company couldn't get together and make the one and only tractor,/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gifbut than it would be a boring on this board if we all had the same tractor. /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

Stay warm over there.

Thomas..NH /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ B2710 vs JD 4200 #4  
Well here goes,the J.D.4200 just felt more solid when movin a full bucket of sand and clay mixture.I had rented Kubota 2 times about a year before i got the 4200.No dought about it,Orange is a rip-snorting go getter,for sure.My seat rides a little better too.There is no such thing as a bad NEW compact tractor.