Auction offerings-Mixer trucks & manlifts

/ Auction offerings-Mixer trucks & manlifts #1  

jgh

Gold Member
Tractor
NH TN90F; B3000 Kubota; Bobcats 430 & A300; Liebherr 621C, Exmark laser Z, 2 sawmills

The MACI construction eq auction hits Richmond again this week (Oh, Mister Chalkley, it's not that far awaaaaay...come wiiiiiith uuuuusssss...). Not on the scale of a Kissimmee or similar, but lots of lots (usually serveral hundred), diesel smoke, noise, men acting like...well you get the drift.

Anyhow, there are several mixer trucks and a couple of manlifts to be sold. And since I got lucky and bought 2 Mack dumps in May for less than 3 grand total (rough bodies, but otherwise seem OK), I thought a mixer might be a good target. Wife and I envision a concrete paving job in our farm future, plus other things, so if cheap enough....

What do I look for? I have heard things about thin-skinned drums, bent frames, etc. Can anyone tell me a good list of things to check?

On the manlift subject we have trees that need big time trimming so again if I can buy one cheap enough in this depressed construction eq market....

Other than hydraulic leaks and obvious damage, can anyone shed light on the most likely faults to look for?

Attached is a picture of one of the ones I bought in May.

Thanks as always,

Jim

/ Auction offerings-Mixer trucks & manlifts

Somehow the picture did not take the first time. Here 'tis,
j

Attachments

• 17-169742-DSC00026.JPG
    17-169742-DSC00026.JPG
    89.2 KB · Views: 194
   / Auction offerings-Mixer trucks & manlifts #3  
Where and when is the auction? I live in No. VA and am looking for a few things. Robert

/ Auction offerings-Mixer trucks & manlifts

See
Directions

for driving directions.

Contact me if you decide to come and I will fill you in more (see my address in my profile so I won't have to put it here for the spammers).

Jim

/ Auction offerings-Mixer trucks & manlifts #5  
It's all in the price... But do be careful with used mixer trucks... The concrete companies tend to really run them into the ground at the end of their lifecycle, because they know that if they make good used equpiment available on the market place it just ends up competing with their efforts. Often, they tend to sell them to exporters or scrap yards.

Good luck... and nice "ACK truck!

/ Auction offerings-Mixer trucks & manlifts #6  
Jim,

Man, what a deal on the Mack dump trucks! I've been looking for a deal like that on a dump truck for a couple years, but I haven't seen anything even close...