Arps Hydraulic Cylinder Repair

/ Arps Hydraulic Cylinder Repair #1  

okgat

Good day,
I have an older Arps Backhoe that I am using on my NH 2910. I am rebuilding 3 of 5 hydraulic cylinders. I have no prior experience rebuilding cylinders, but it seems fairly straight forward. Anyway, I have a few questions:

1) I have removed the rod from the cylinder without to much difficulty. In examining the piston end, there is a nut which holds the piston and seals in place on the rod. The nut has what appears to be a pressed pin. I have tried a pin punch without success. Can someone please let me know how I remove the pin. Is there a tool used for this purpose or have I not hit the pin hard enough?

2) Does anyone know who manufactured the cylinders? I have not been able to find a manufacture stamped on the cylinders.

Thank you,

okgat

/ Arps Hydraulic Cylinder Repair #2  
okgat said:
Good day,
I have an older Arps Backhoe that I am using on my NH 2910. I am rebuilding 3 of 5 hydraulic cylinders. I have no prior experience rebuilding cylinders, but it seems fairly straight forward. Anyway, I have a few questions:

1) I have removed the rod from the cylinder without to much difficulty. In examining the piston end, there is a nut which holds the piston and seals in place on the rod. The nut has what appears to be a pressed pin. I have tried a pin punch without success. Can someone please let me know how I remove the pin. Is there a tool used for this purpose or have I not hit the pin hard enough?

Hit it harder.

2) Does anyone know who manufactured the cylinders? I have not been able to find a manufacture stamped on the cylinders.

Thank you,

okgat

Do you have the seal kits for it?