Are Good Two-Wheeled Gravely's Still Available??

/ Are Good Two-Wheeled Gravely's Still Available?? #1  

jcmseven

Veteran Member
Tractor
JD 2320; 4520
I am interested in finding a good two wheeled Gravely tractor. My dad had one when I was little, and my uncle still does but he has Alzheimer's Disease and has not used the machine for several years. It is in rough shape. Our most local Gravely dealer has two wheeled tractors, but they cannibalize them for parts in case one comes in for service. I have thought about the new Rapide Gravely walk behind, but like others, I am shy of the price, given this is a machine I will use some only on back parts of my property and would likely not accumulate many hours. Does anyone have an idea whether any "good" used Gravely's are still available and whether at this point getting one for home use would be fraught with hard to find parts, service issues due to age, etc??? I am asking only for information, as it would probably be winter before I actually started pursuing one. Thanks.

John M

/ Are Good Two-Wheeled Gravely's Still Available?? #2  
Hi John,
YES, there are most certainly "good" Gravelys around. If you want an older "L" model there are many around in good condition. If you are mechanical, you could also restore one if you wanted or had to. They are very restorable! Parts are still availlable for them. The newer Pro models cost more money but most certainly can be had in next to new shape. The trannys are pretty much the same so part availlability is no problem. There is a big support network for them. There is the Gravely club: gravelyclub : Gravely Club - This club is set up to discuss gravely tractors for tech info there is old Gravelys: OldGravelys.Net: :. There are people who restore and sell them too. If you can get your hands on your uncle's machine and fix it up that's the way to go depending on how bad a shape it's in. Do you know what it needs? The Rapid tractors are to expensive and I don't see to many sales for them. For a homeowner it's not a good buy in my opinion. Here is my restored "LI" 40 yrs old and ready for another 40...
100_0674.jpg

Newer "PRO" machine:
d696238a.jpg

The Rapid tractor (not worth it):
4367.jpg

When you are ready to look for one E-bay and craigs list as well as the Gravely club and Gravely classifieds are good places to start looking. classifiedgravelyads : Classified Gravely Ads - Gravely Classifieds Club. Any questions just ask. - Kris :)

/ Are Good Two-Wheeled Gravely's Still Available??
Thanks Kris!!! You have a beautiful, well-restored machine there. My dad and I have had between us a 7.6hp walk behind, an 812 4 wheel, an 8173-KT, and an 8199 which my dad still uses regularly. My uncle's machine, I believe is a 12 hp walk behind commercial level with dual tires. I do not know its current state, but I am seeing my aunt and uncle tomorrow at my parents' 50th wedding anniversary and I will be sure to ask. Keep you posted.

John M

/ Are Good Two-Wheeled Gravely's Still Available?? #4  
John- You have had a lot of Gravelys in your family. Definetly go after your uncle's machine. All Gravelys are restorable!! Let's us know how you make out. - Kris :D