Anyone know how to convert cc/rev to GPM?

/ Anyone know how to convert cc/rev to GPM? #1  

jimmer2880

Platinum Member
Tractor
'05 Kubota BX1830
Does anyone know how to convert cc/rev to GPM? The hydraulic pump on my Yannie has 5 cc/rev (I think it says rev anyway) stamped on it. I'd like to know how much GPM I have.

If I knew if that rev meant engine rev, then I'd be able to aproximate the flow. But, if it's based on pump rev, then how on earth would I know how many rev's the pump turns for each engine rev?

/ Anyone know how to convert cc/rev to GPM? #2  
It has got to be pump revs as the manufacturer would have no idea the final application drive ratio

/ Anyone know how to convert cc/rev to GPM? #3  
1gallon = 3785 cc
5cc/rev x 540 rpm = .7 gpm
5cc/rev x 1000rpm = 1.32gpm
5cc/rev x 1800rpm = 2.38gpm
That's pump rpm, which = engine rpm if direct drive. Otherwise multiply engine rpm by pump drive gear ratio. ask your mechanic or count the teeth on each gear. MikeD74T

/ Anyone know how to convert cc/rev to GPM?
Thank you all for your replies. I guess I have to go "count teeth" to get a real number. That sounds like lots of fun! :)

/ Anyone know how to convert cc/rev to GPM? #5  
Hi, take the hose off, using a 5 gallon gas can set RPM to a known rpm, say 1000, not put the hose in the can and time the flow, at 30 seconds shut the valve, measure the amount in the can, this will double at 1 min, then double again at 2000 rpm, may be easier than using calculations,

/ Anyone know how to convert cc/rev to GPM?
Thanks for that nice little App Froggy. It will come in handy.