Anyone have a Swisher Versa?

/ Anyone have a Swisher Versa? #1  

AllenArmory

Silver Member
Tractor
TYM T554HST Cab
I have a TYM 554 tractor with a cab on it, but it's a bit tight on many of my woodland trails. It gets scratched up a lot and it's a bit sketchy on some trails with steep banks. I'm wanting something smaller for trail maintenance so I was thinking of buying an ATV-mounted rough cut mower like the Swisher 44" pull-behind mower. However, I saw the Swisher Versa which has the option of mounting a rough cut mower on the front, which would be much more versatile. It's a lot more expensive, however. Over $10k.

Does anyone have a Swisher Versa with the rough cut attachment and can you give me any feedback on it?

Thanks!

/ Anyone have a Swisher Versa? #2  
A lot of guys here would use their tractor to improve the trail. Maybe I misunderstand your trail.
I would estimate that that "rough cut" mower is referring to non lawn terrain capacity rather than its cutting capacity.

/ Anyone have a Swisher Versa?
As I mentioned, some of my trails through the woods are narrow and my tractor gets scratched up. I have to constantly trim back the branches. There's also parts of the trails that are steep and could cause the tractor to tip over. If the Versa tipped over, that would be much less of an issue.

Correct, rough cut means I'm not cutting lawn. The trails have brush, small (<1") trees, etc.

/ Anyone have a Swisher Versa? #4  
I believe D.R has rough cut mowers like that in different sizes, I think they are quite a bit less than 10 K