any toro groundsmaster fans on here?

/ any toro groundsmaster fans on here? #181  
Xfaxman

Here are some screenshots from the 72" Guardian Recycler manual, in reference to my question about sourcing deck chambers:

Screenshot_2017-03-14-21-46-02.pngScreenshot_2017-03-14-21-45-37.pngScreenshot_2017-03-14-21-44-28.png

/ any toro groundsmaster fans on here? #182  
Thanks for posting that. I haven't looked at my recycler deck yet.

I need to look at it pretty soon. I need to order some of those mowpart blades disc in the middle with 4 blades attached. I think Xfaxman has tried them

/ any toro groundsmaster fans on here? #183  
Thanks for posting that. I haven't looked at my recycler deck yet.

I need to look at it pretty soon. I need to order some of those mowpart blades disc in the middle with 4 blades attached. I think Xfaxman has tried them
Those things work better without baffles or chokes. They create too much drag for the Recycler mulching deck. The factory blades work great. On his Recycler deck, Xfaxman has been using the "Gator blades" that I recently ?upgraded? to. They do help with post cut processing (slightly finer clippings), which is exactly what they're designed for.... However, I think I'll be switching back to the OEM style blades, as they allow me to process more material and maintain good clip mulching.

Those fulcrum blades you're talking about, have only one advantage... serviceability.

If you're mowing a lot of thick/tall material that doesn't provide the visibility needed to avoid rocks and other blade damaging obstructions... then it's definitely nice to simply replace two balanced tip sections and keep on mowing.

The big hurt is in productivity. I've never seen those blades increase throughput on any deck/machine. Quite the contrary, really. Most modern decks with chambers, baffles, and airfoils are specifically designed around their OEM blade design. Every machine I've seen with any version of these fulcrum blades, has suffered tremendously in terms of throughput AND clipping management. They do produce a finer clipping than a standard high lift, and maybe even a slightly better than mulching blades (like my Oregon G3 Gators), but not enough to justify the much higher fuel consumption, PTO and deck belt strain, slower mowing speed (in all but perfect conditions), and more deck choking/clogging.

Just my 2 pennies.

/ any toro groundsmaster fans on here? #184  
Xfaxman

Here are some screenshots from the 72" Guardian Recycler manual, in reference to my question about sourcing deck chambers:
Call your local Toro Commercial Dealer. I just checked, 85-6480-01 is a good number and available.

/ any toro groundsmaster fans on here? #185  
My area rep is useless. He won't do anything... just says he'll get back to me and never calls.

Can I get your rep's number?

/ any toro groundsmaster fans on here? #187  
Any ideas on a more powerful bolt-in engine swap for my K3D?

I was told the D1105 from the 328D is a direct swap, but that's a lot of trouble for 3hp.

I know the D1105 was available in a 34hp turbo model... but they don't have the efficiency of the normally aspirated engines.

/ any toro groundsmaster fans on here? #189  
I ran over a long brush stick that came up and pushed out the dipstick, so I need a favor from somebody with a 328D. Need the 3 measurements from where the rubber seats on the tubing, as shown below.

I have a dipstick from a 325D parts machine that I can shorten and use.

TIA.

370944.gif