Any JD 4700 HST mechanics in here ?

/ Any JD 4700 HST mechanics in here ?
Ok I know it's been a good while. but I hate when people's post leave you hanging with no idea if it was ever resolved. and if it was, what was the solution. Today I picked up the jd 4700 and I can honestly say the transmission is as good as new. it drives like it's brand new !! it's been over 7 months in the process. and multiple mechanics involved. thanks to the assistant service manager ( She has been Awesome!!! the service manager absolutely sucked) it's finally fixed. took her a few phone calls. but she got some old JD techs from another location. and those 2 kicked ass !!!!!! 4 hrs to split it , and disassemble the transmission. another day and a half and it was dialed in ready to go. ultimately the found 2 wear plates out of spec. and also replaced the servo. as the young man who started the project had damaged it. I drove it around today for 2 hrs before a storm came up. and it was pure pleasure driving the 4700. now I gave a new seat and canopy to install. the tractor looks great 👍.

Attachments

• 20230427_144352.jpg
    20230427_144352.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 53
  • 20230427_144438.jpg
    20230427_144438.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 46
  • 20230427_144450.jpg
    20230427_144450.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 45
   / Any JD 4700 HST mechanics in here ? #42  
That’s great news! Congratulations on getting it done and having it work so well for you!

-Bob

/ Any JD 4700 HST mechanics in here ? #43  
Sounds good. Hope they treated you right on the bill. Also hope the techs that came in to do it right, trained the other techs as well.

John deere got involved and to say the least I Basically paid for parts . now that being said they had pretty much replaced everything tied to the transmission and hydraulic system. But they are still in the hole on the parts side, and ate all but 40 hrs labor which i included in the parts bill. This costed them a ton and a lesson learned .the Jr tech who started this mess quit . but the other techs there did learn and lend a hand in the final go around. I'm happy it's fixed. and the Assistant Service manager is a rock star making this all happen.

/ Any JD 4700 HST mechanics in here ? #45  
John deere got involved and to say the least I Basically paid for parts . now that being said they had pretty much replaced everything tied to the transmission and hydraulic system. But they are still in the hole on the parts side, and ate all but 40 hrs labor which i included in the parts bill. This costed them a ton and a lesson learned .the Jr tech who started this mess quit . but the other techs there did learn and lend a hand in the final go around. I'm happy it's fixed. and the Assistant Service manager is a rock star making this all happen.
It’s good to hear that JD stepped in. You went through a lot with this whole deal and the fact that the dealership took it hard on the nose, also says a lot about them. I’d be doing a nice reference for them for sure!

I am , especially the assistant service manager. when the Service manager laid down and would do nothing ( especially after getting sent home for a few days) The assistant service manager stepped up and took it under her belt, and she made things happen. I have to give John Deere credit as well. as they really got involved in making sure this was handled correctly through the regional service advisor. I was really considering leaving the deere line and looking elsewhere for my equipment. but they came through!