Any experience with X4 line?

/ Any experience with X4 line? #1  

willysmb

Bronze Member
Tractor
Massey 1736
I am somewhat interested in the X4 line of tractors. Does anyone have experience with any tractors from this line? I find very little in the form of reviews, youtube videos, etc about them. I know McCormick is not as popular in the US but I still thought I might find some info about them.

/ Any experience with X4 line? #2  
Lots of views and no response ? Let my be the idiot that ask the ?
What is a X4 line ?

/ Any experience with X4 line? #3  
The X4 series is still fairly new in the grand scheme of things. They didn't really start building units for retail until late 2014 or early 2015. The McCormick X4 series is pretty solid. They are well built and spec out pretty well with the competition. It's definitely one of the better built "premium" small frame utilities on the market. Probably the best aspect of the X4 is the Deutz engine which doesn't regen the emission system as much as many of the other tractors on the market. The "fit and finish" of the X4 series is good and the overall quality of the tractors are really nice. They offer nice features like push button locking diff and 4wd. They come standard with 540 and 1000 PTO. Two sets of rear remotes are standard on all of them. Most of them have several transmission options as well.

While McCormick might not have the market share of John Deere or Kubota they are still worth looking at.....In certain parts of the country they are a major player.

/ Any experience with X4 line? #4  
I agree with Awampler with one exception - the DEUTZ engine. I do not think this engine is a good solution for agricultural machinery. 2.9L 4 cylinders with CommonRail means = electronics problems (CommonRail control unit or sensors), any load = high engine speed (the DEUTZ engine is worm very much and quckly).
If I was not a farmer who is absolutely trust to JohnDeere, I would definitely try a engine with a mechanical pump (there are still manufacturers on the market who offer this mechanical solution and it is a problem-free and forever) - see ZETOR.