Another homemade 3pt. hitch reciever

/ Another homemade 3pt. hitch reciever #1  

Von

Veteran Member, Advertiser
Tractor
Kubota B2710
Just had to show off my new hitch reciever that I made./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif Total cost was about $1.00 for the welding wire and electric for the welder! made from all scrap that I had around and a old trailer hitch that someone gave me. The top part is off of my tractor where I changed over to the heavy duty top link mount. and the bottom draw bar is a homemade one that came with my tractor last year, since I already had one, this works out perfect for this application! Even the paint was free! Used it twice and what a big difference it makes when moving my flatbed around.

Attachments

• 53-158532-hitch.jpg
    53-158532-hitch.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 1,512
   / Another homemade 3pt. hitch reciever #3  
Very nice! I hate to admit it, but I finally broke down and purchased the one from Northern Tools. It is very nice, but a lot more expensive. If I'd only had the tools, and the time, and the .... - Wait a minute - If I factor the tools into the cost maybe it wasn't so bad!

Nice work.

/ Another homemade 3pt. hitch reciever #5  
Definitely a nice job!

/ Another homemade 3pt. hitch reciever #6  
Looks really good/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Another homemade 3pt. hitch reciever #7  
Ryan

Sounds like my theory.

My theory also goes part way to cover up the fact that even if I had the tools, I'd still bugger it up.

I did a welding course at TAFE but I think it's one of these things that unless you do it often, you'd be no good at it.

Or that's my theory anyway !!

Cheers

/ Another homemade 3pt. hitch reciever #8  
great job Von