Amsoil Hydro fluid

/ Amsoil Hydro fluid #1  

Nuru

Elite Member
I have read the info on the Amsoil site, i have had a 5 gallon
container quoted for approx. $90 bucks for my 4100. Is this oil pretty good or as good as it is advertising or what? I am, considering purchasing their product called "Synthetic Tractor Hydraulic/Transmission Fluid, C-3, C-4"

Thanks

/ Amsoil Hydro fluid #2  
I swithed all of the fluids in my l3000dt to amsoil synthetic. It runs great. This is not a hydro unit so we don't have apples to apples here. I have however used the amsoil stuff in the ztr mower and it is just fine. I also switched the f350 and the suburben over and here there was definately an improvement. Especially in the transmission. I think that redline is the top synthetic, then amsoil, and mobil. Don't take this as gospel, just one man's opinion. See how this compares to other responses.

Good luck, Rich.

/ Amsoil Hydro fluid #3  
I am running Amsoil in my engine and hydro circuit. I am using 5W-30 HDD Series 3000 in the engine and the synthetic Tractor Hydraulic/Transmission Fluid (SAE30) in my hydrostatic drive and front axle.

I also used these same oils in my 96 JD 955 with NO whining of the hydro drive in weather down to -10 deg F. I changed my 4700 over to synthetic at 25 hours.

/ Amsoil Hydro fluid
rja, thanks, this is good info.

Nuru

/ Amsoil Hydro fluid
sniezur; sounds you have completely answred my question. The two oils that you are using are the same ones that I am contemplating.

Nuru

/ Amsoil Hydro fluid #6  
Those are also the same products I used in my L4310HST. I'll be using the SAE 5W30 HD Diesel oil in the EF-5, but the hydraulic oil will have to be the Amsoil AWI, because it requires a higher viscosity grade.

/ Amsoil Hydro fluid
Thanks for the info MChalkley

Nuru