AMSOIL 2 Cycle Oil

/ AMSOIL 2 Cycle Oil #1  

JonSpinosa

Silver Member
Today, I purchased my first AMSOIL products which were the hydraulic/transmission fluid(ATH-5), the 2 cycle motor oil and the heavy duty grease.

I thought that I read somewhere on this forum that some guys were recommending to use a lower ratio of the 2 cycle motor oil other than the 100:1 ratio that AMSOIL recommends. What do you AMSOIL guys recommend, stick with what AMSOIL recommends or decrease the ratio to something like 50:1? I am using the 2 cycle oil in my Stihl chainsaw, weedeater, hedge trimmer, pole prunner and my cut-off saw.

/ AMSOIL 2 Cycle Oil #2  
Jon, call the tech line. They know their stuff forwards and backwards. They won't steer you wrong.

Bill Cook

/ AMSOIL 2 Cycle Oil #3  
JonSpinosa-If you are talking about the series 2000 Racing oil Amsoil will not recommend richer ratios. The other 2-cycle pre-mix is okay to use at a richer ratio (might smoke a little). Amsoil will not recommend it. I use the 2000 oil at a lower ratio in my echo equipment.

"Were going to need a bigger boat" JAWS
Got the tractor, need bigger yard to play in!

/ AMSOIL 2 Cycle Oil #4  
i've used the 2-cycle oil for years; it came in a container that would mix with 6 gallons of gas for the 100-1 ratio; when i was going thru a lot of the stuff, i'd just pour that container into a 5gal gas can, for the convience..but all the equipment ran without flaw. i'd stick pretty close to the 100-1 mix.
heehaw

/ AMSOIL 2 Cycle Oil #5  
I have been using Amsoil 2 cycle oil 100:1 for about 6 yrs.I just bought a new Husky chainsaw about 3yrs ago started it on Amsoil after the first tank.Been using it in Echo weedeater,leaf blower.Son just bought a new Stihl chainsaw,will start it on Amsoil shortly.No problems with there 2 cycle oil or any of there products since I have been using them,probably six yrs since I became a dealer.

Larry Schultz

/ AMSOIL 2 Cycle Oil #6  
I also mix 100:1, they rev higher and less smoke, no plug fouling and still provide complete engine protection. gary

/ AMSOIL 2 Cycle Oil #7  
I have used Amsoil 100:1 2 Cycle oil in my Stihl 034 chainsaw since 1985 and have had great luck with it. I also use it in my FS-120 brushcutter. They both run clean.

/ AMSOIL 2 Cycle Oil #8  
Last summer I called their tech line about mixing their 100:1 oil at 100:1 and they said their oil was good enough to pre mix at those lean oil rates for any 2 cycle engine even if the items manufacturer stated 32:1.. If the engine was brand new I would mix at the manufacturer's rate for 1 tank of gas until broke in and then switch to the 100:1 mix.. The 100:1 mix ratio is for Amsoil 100:1 mix oil only. No other 2 cycle oil manufacturer makes the 100:1 claim that Amsoil does. I have disconnected the varaiable ratio oil system on my 150 Evinrude outboard and have been premixing with Amsoil's 100:1 premixed in fuel tank at their stated ratio of 100:1..
Have been pleased thus far with Amsoil products.