Amish Forklift

/ Amish Forklift #11  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( <font color="blue"> We have other groups (of what may appear to be Amish to the tourists) who believe it's OK to have cars as long as they are all black, including the bumpers and trim. They dress similarly to the Amish, but don't adhere to the same rules. </font>
Mennonites. They do a lot of humanitarian work around the world. Click ---> Here. )</font>

Hey! I've done work for MCC before /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Amish Forklift
Neil, do you have any balers like this on the lot? I haven't been past lately...............chim

Attachments

• 680596-Baling.jpg
    680596-Baling.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 383
   / Amish Forklift #13  
I wonder if the little lift in the back had the rubber removed from them to. I have a friend that trades machine shop equipment for them.each group is different he deals with. Im good friends with a former member of the Amish religion and he explained a few things for me once. SOme will only allow tractors with rubber tires others wont His grandfather had a 310 Case that they had removes the blade hydraulics from and used them on the rear. hey took Letourneau powercontrol unit off a D2 Cat and headache tube that ran the cable to the balde and reworked it to run the blade. They farmed with it as it had no rubber wheels. Ont the other hand we went to his cousins farm 3 county over and got behind a 4000 Ford diesl running about 35 or 40. It had a trailer behind it. we stopped at a gas staion to look it over and they had builot a 3 point hitch ont the half of a chevy truck and left the bed on it. it had a transmission and short drive shaft and a pto shaft running to the tracto. at the tractors top road gear the pto is shfted into gear and the tractors pto takes over and propells them down the road at a high speed. I used to go down to a neighborhood that was Amish and do some welding for ones machine shop. All the parts were always piled up and clamped together then Id weld them up.

/ Amish Forklift #14  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Neil, do you have any balers like this on the lot? I haven't been past lately...............chim )</font>

Not with metal wheels, but we rarly have less than 2-3 small balers. The Amish dont' tend to trade much stuff in, they run it till it dies then they cut it appart and build somthing else.

This is my favorite amish story. One of our Amish customers has a skid loader on lease from us. One of the stipulations of their church was that they can't sign their name to legal documents. So the guy got his neighbor to come in and he signed all the paper work. The guy makes the payment to his neighbor ever month who turns around and sends it to New Holland.

Its kinda sad, I have done very little of the touristy Amish stuff thats around here.

/ Amish Forklift #16  
Replying to a 17 year old thread. I think that might be a record for zombie revival.

Surprisingly, the original poster was still active just a couple weeks ago.