AGCO's new site is up.......

/ AGCO's new site is up....... #11  
Re: AGCO\'s new site is up.......

I don't know about replacing the Perkins all together but the main reason Agco bought Valtra was for Sisu. They made everything else but had to buy their engines still. This deal gave them their own engines to use now as well as the Perkins and Cat motors.

/ AGCO's new site is up.......

So far AGCO has said they will leave Valtra intact. I guess we'll have to wait and see. I doubt if SISU will ever replace Perkins......Deutz in the Fendts maybe though.

/ AGCO's new site is up....... #13  

Woodbeef-You don't think if it would lower the cost of building the tractor, that would'nt tempt them to use the Sisu engine??
Everyone is trying to lower their costs these days, and it is being said by AGCO and Valtra, one of the main reason for the purchase was the engine. Sisu engines in AGCO product, Perkapillar in Challenger?? Chuck M.
Also are they going to build the same chassis in France that was being built in the Coventry (UK) plant before it was closed?

/ AGCO's new site is up.......

Not really sure how much if any using SISU engines across the board in Masseys would be any cheaper. First off there is not the capacity for that many engines. Second Massey has been linked to Perkins for over 40 years now. If AGCO jumped ship it might be a bad move. Now if Cat did not own Perkins it might be different..........

The new 5400 series is being built at Beauvais,it replaced the Banner Lane 4300.

/ AGCO's new site is up....... #15  

I was researching the Valtra tractors and noticed they use Sisu diesel engines. I went to their website and saw some engine features that might interest TBN'ers.

http://www.sisudiesel.com/products/agricultural/fortius_series_info/

From the webpage: "Engines produced by Sisu Diesel are known for being long-lasting and giving a lot of torque and power. The latest series of Fortius engines offers even more. For example, fuel consumption has been reduced by 5-7 percent, noise levels have been reduced, there is 10-20 percent more torque, and the oil drain interval have been increased to 500 hours, which reduces the customer’s maintenance costs by around one-third."

/ AGCO's new site is up....... #16  

Funny,
That's the same look it has had since around Thanksgiving! /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

SisuDiesel is the only "new" thing I see. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif