AGCO ST SERIES (orange tractor too)

/ AGCO ST SERIES (orange tractor too) #1  

Hillbilly

Platinum Member
I just recieved some product literature on the AGCO ST series compact tractors in the mail,they look nice, not a bad looking compact tractor.
What do you think?

/ AGCO ST SERIES (orange tractor too) #2  
While coming home from vacation some AGCO STs caught my eye and I had to stop. Climbed all over them, the look very nice. The dealership was closed and was 100s of miles from home so I never went back. Do you have any pricing?

PitbullMidwest

/ AGCO ST SERIES (orange tractor too)
When I am off work and have time I am going to go look.

/ AGCO ST SERIES (orange tractor too) #4  
This is Massey Ferguson's 1200 series line {& 1165} rebadged. Similar to what NH is doing with Case/IH. I think the Iseki has been a real sleeper out there... AGCO should spend a little advertisement money to make some money and sell these fine machines.

Their one weakness I find is the hydraulics. This is where John Deere really shines... and New Holland is grasping this real quick... though Kubota is still not there with their hydraulics either...

18-48044-JFM3BW5205SigFile.JPG

"You are what you eat, drink, think, say and do..."

/ AGCO ST SERIES (orange tractor too)
John,
The only thing I would not like about these AGCO compacts that I can see right now from reading my product literature is:All models feature solid steel hoods and fenders. I really like the plastic,because it will bend before it breaks,and when plastic is scratched it dosent rust like metal. They can make plastic a lot stronger than metals this day and age and it is not as heavy,but if the price was right and I liked the other features of these AGCO's I would not have a problem with owning one.Also they have a big company backing there product which means a lot to me for parts availability and service after the sale.

/ AGCO ST SERIES (orange tractor too) #6  
I love the plastic/composite myself... I have the best of both worlds... On my JD5205... my entire front is plastic and my fenders are steel... I don't have the flex of the fender when I grab the "grab handle" getting on or off like others have posted with the plastic fenders.

I do ton's of brushhogging and you can see the fine scratches on the hood... it still looks great... with a steel hood, I wouldn't be able to say that.

When my plastic hood starts rusting... I'll consider trading... /w3tcompact/icons/tongue.gif

18-35196-JDMFWDSigJFM.JPG

/ AGCO ST SERIES (orange tractor too) #7  
My MF 1250 has 820 hours in just 23 months.The 1200 series are fine tractors. I would buy another one.

18-32460-1250sig.gif

/ AGCO ST SERIES (orange tractor too) #8  
Jerry,

I would say you definitely work your unit... what is your primary use of the 1250?

The last few years, Iseki has partnered up with Landini, Yanmar, and most recently Perkins... I'd say those are great companies to mingle the creative juices with...

18-35196-JDMFWDSigJFM.JPG

/ AGCO ST SERIES (orange tractor too) #9  
John,
I use my tractor on my poultry farm. I have 90,000 large broilers. The tractor is used to compost, grade roads for trucks, build fence and I used it to dig 2400' of ditches when I first built my houses.

18-32460-1250sig.gif