AGCO Allis info

/ AGCO Allis info #1  

Owen

Tractor
In the market for one.
I have been comparing tractors in the 45 to 60 Hp range. Two local dealers have sold my grandfather equipment for many years. One sells Kubota's, MF, Long, and Zetors, the other sells AGCO Allis. I have learned much about the Kubotas from discussions on this board. I have learned a few facts form some local people who have AGCO Allis tractors. AGCO Allis covers their tractors tire to tire for two years and drive train for two additional years. Their 5600 series (45, 55, and 63 PTO Hp) tractors have air cooled engines that chicken house owners love. I spoke with one owner who has had a 5670 (63 PTO HP) AGCO for four year, 1300 hours. He loves it. He said he knew 3 other farmers who had air cooled 5600 series AGCO tractor. He said they also have had no problems with their tractors. The chicken house owner said, "It is my opinion that the AGCO Allis can run circles around Kubotas." I then spoke with another farmer who has an AGCO 5660 (55 Hp PTO) that he uses mostly for haying. His tractor has 1400 hours with no problems. He said he was a JD man, but the local dealer had been so good to him he just could not go off and buy from anyone else. I just wanted to share my AGCO information in case anyone was interested.

I still have not ruled out the M series Kubotas though. I also have heard and seen many good things about them.