Tires Ag tires (R1) on rims for Ind tires (R4)?

/ Ag tires (R1) on rims for Ind tires (R4)? #1  

carluman

Silver Member
Tractor
Zetor by Century C47L
Anyone ever put Ag tires (R1) on rims for Ind tires (R4)? I'm in the process of getting a new Zetor by Century C47L that has R4 tires. What if I find that I need the bar type lugs found on the R1 tires? So I'm wondering if I don't like the tires if I would be able to find the correct size R1 tires to put on the same rims. The rolling circ would need to be the same or at least the same ratio as the tires that some with it since it is 4x4.

Also I've read a lot on thorns and tires and seems that some are of the opinion that R4s don't take thorns as quick as R1s (at least on the rear tires). For that reason and the lower and wider stance I want the R4s but my main concern is finding rear wheel weights for the R4s which the dealer is looking into for me. Zetor only has the weights for R1. Why not jut put in liquid or foam in the R4s? I have lots of thorns and I'm not sure how many if any holes I may end up with and I may loose the liquid. The Foam from what I've heard gives a ruff ride. I'm looking into the Arnco Superflex Soft Fill that might not give a ruff ride.

So if I get the R4s and rear weights I can just put Slime in the tires if thorns are a problem. Hopefully if the R4 don't have enought traction I can get R1s for my R4 rims. If Slime don't work I guess I'll have to go with the Arnco Superflex Soft Fill.

Just trying to totaly understand my options.
Thanks
Carl /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Ag tires (R1) on rims for Ind tires (R4)? #2  
The R4 rims are wider, Possibally your dealer can sell you a spare set of R4's or possibally take them back in on trade as long as they are still in V.Good condition.The rear wheel weights are desighned for the R1 Rims only