Ballast Adding Ballast to a B21 TLB

/ Adding Ballast to a B21 TLB #1  

bob1234

I just picked up a b21 and read in the manual that you should not add ballast. Any reason you can think of why they would not want you to do this? Has anybody added ballast and had problems? I really could use the extra weight especially since my land is mostly sloped. Any other ideas to limit some of the motion while using the backhoe?

/ Adding Ballast to a B21 TLB #2  
I have ballast in the rear tires of my B21 and would not even consider removing it. The manual is rather ridiculous on its section about ballast. In my manual (1998) it lists how much and suggest using it for some situations BUT then says to remove it when using the backhoe. Come on, who is going to remove all that liquid each time they put the backhoe on. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

I would ballast. It made a huge difference in stability and traction on my tractor. At over a 1000 hrs it has not caused any problems for me. Enjoy the new tractor.

MarkV

/ Adding Ballast to a B21 TLB
Thanks. I think I will add the ballast. I am assuming this will also help on raising the back end with the hoe while digging.

I am enjoying the B21. I am familiar with bigger machines but I knew I could never maneuver around the property without running into trees left and right. I would say the B21 is holding its own; maybe a little slower for trenching and primarily due to the reach.

Any other ideas or hints on digging with this machine? I have heard some had modified the FEL with teeth, have you tried this?