A competitor's attachments?

/ A competitor's attachments? #1  

davesisk

Platinum Member
Tractor
Massey-Ferguson MF 1220
A competitor\'s attachments?

Hey MossRoad, check it out...this competitive articulated loader has a wood shredder attachment (wasn't it you who was talking about building one?)

http://www.susumoengineering.com

Go to Avant -> Attachments...

Dave

/ A competitor's attachments?
Re: A competitor\'s attachments?

Make that Avant -> Attachments -> Landscaping...<g>

/ A competitor's attachments? #3  

Dave, just went through the entire site and was amazed at the products they carry. Most appear to be ready made for the PT 425. Thanks for sharing this information.
PJ

/ A competitor's attachments?

No problem. I researched for several months before I decided what to look for, and then waited several more months until something popped up. I'm glad the Power-trac won, because that was my first choice. Now, I've just got to get all the necessary "patching up" done on my 1990 1418!

The big question about these attachments is: will they fit a PT without modification? I doubt it, but stranger things have happened.

Btw, there's quite a few very similar attachments for the Toro Dingo and it's clones. Does anyone know if these will fit without modification?

Dave

/ A competitor's attachments? #5  

Very cool!

I'm sure the attaching system and probably hydraulic fittings would have to be changed. Also, you'd have to convert all that metric stuff to PSI and GPM to see if the PTs are compatible. And then make sure it is open center vs closed, that kind of stuff.

The chipper is just what I imagine doing in my project.

The high dump bucket looked pretty cool! That would load my pickup, but might change the COG so that I'd have to take smaller bites.

Now imagine a PT400 series with 60" lift height instead of 52" and then add the high dump bucket and I think you've got a winner!

/ A competitor's attachments? #6  

Is this the overseas version of the <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.gehl.com/avantage/index.htm>Ghel Mini-Loader</A>? Looks like the same tractor, but with more attachments.

Scott

/ A competitor's attachments? #7  

Well, its got a 20 horse kubota deisel, the hydraulics say it is 18 GPM@ 3000 pounds, but its operating capacity (lift capacity?) is only rated at 625 lbs! I don't get it; twice the hydraulic capacity, but less lift capacity. Must be a weight distribution thing.

/ A competitor's attachments? #8  

Just out of curiosity.../w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif
Before I hit the road for PT headquarters, I looked at the Ghel website, found the nearest dealer and gave them a call to find out how much the articualted Mini-Loader cost. For the tractor alone (no attachments) "right around $17,000"/w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif/w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif/w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif/w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif

Tazewell, here I come.

Scott

/ A competitor's attachments? #9  

<font color=green> Now imagine a PT400 series with 60" lift height instead of 52" and then add the high dump bucket and I think you've got a winner! </font color=green>

The 60" lift is coming for the 400 series...but, unfortunately, not until sometime next year. That’s what my G2 sources have confirmed. So, if you are waiting on the 60” lift to purchase, you may want to reconsider your patience.