A/C add on

/ A/C add on #1  

Dmelvin41

Tractor
2019 Kubota M62
Picking up a cab from an M59 that has heat, but I'd also like A/C in the summer. The cab is going on a [AFFILIATE=1, nofollow=true, newwindow=true, title="Kubota"]Kubota[/AFFILIATE] M62, but I have some work ahead of me. Has anyone fitted a rooftop A/C unit from an RV, or used a system from an electric vehicle to their cab? Not sure how large a project this could be, but curious about non-traditional A/C options. The original SIMS cab used an engine driven compressor, but I'm not sure I want to add another pulley to the engine bay.

/ A/C add on #2  
Picking up a cab from an M59 that has heat, but I'd also like A/C in the summer. The cab is going on a [AFFILIATE='1, nofollow=true, newwindow=true, title="Kubota"']Kubota[/AFFILIATE] M62, but I have some work ahead of me. Has anyone fitted a rooftop A/C unit from an RV, or used a system from an electric vehicle to their cab? Not sure how large a project this could be, but curious about non-traditional A/C options. The original SIMS cab used an engine driven compressor, but I'm not sure I want to add another pulley to the engine bay.
A task I would not undertake. Good luck.

/ A/C add on #3  
Aftermarket kits from Red Dot and others would be the thing to look at for rooftop. But, you might look at the parts books on both models and find that they are similar in components.
At least the compressor mounts, condenser, evaporator and dryer along with mounting brackets would be the components that you would want to look at. Hoses could come from [AFFILIATE=1, nofollow=true, newwindow=true, title="Kubota"]Kubota[/AFFILIATE] or could be made up by a good hose maker.
I did this on a Case W14 years ago and it came out very nice. Most of the compressors are cheaper aftermarket anyway. Cleaner installation.

/ A/C add on #5  
Picking up a cab from an M59 that has heat, but I'd also like A/C in the summer. The cab is going on a Kubota M62, but I have some work ahead of me. Has anyone fitted a rooftop A/C unit from an RV, or used a system from an electric vehicle to their cab? Not sure how large a project this could be, but curious about non-traditional A/C options. The original SIMS cab used an engine driven compressor, but I'm not sure I want to add another pulley to the engine bay.
I've added AC on several things. They sell a little unit that looks like an old under dash unit from a 50 year old car. Trac hoes have them right rear of seat pointed up. I have done rooftop units also. I have to look up the name to see if they offer a contained unit. They have a hydraulic unit.

Last edited:
   / A/C add on #6  
RV ac is 120Vac power. Not good for you.

Red Dot can help you with components and installers. All I have seen use an engine compressor which would be a tight fit. Having a condenser off the back of cab could interfere with backhoe operator room?

If you can make it work sure would be nice.