8" trencher bucket at NortherTool

/ 8" trencher bucket at NortherTool #1  

davesisk

Platinum Member
Tractor
Massey-Ferguson MF 1220
   / 8" trencher bucket at NortherTool
Arm also...

Check out part# 103851 and 103852 at www.northerntool.com. The "1" appears to have a fixed bucket curl position on the arm, and the "2" has a hydrualic cylinder to curl it. I could see the "2" being quite useful for you guys with the more modern PT's that have the auxillary PTO.

I'm wondering though, how you'd dig with the "1" since it has a fixed curl position? I'm I missing something here? I guess you'd curl the whole arm up (using the bucket curl lever), lower the arms, then curl the whole arm down (again using the bucket curl lever), then raise the arms to pick up the load? Seems like the geometry would make this a little difficult. Thing the 400 series (and my old 1418) are rugged and heavy enough to handle this much leverage?

Dave

/ 8" trencher bucket at NortherTool #3  
Re: Arm also...

I was looking at this one a while back. The builder is at lackender-fab.com. I traded a couple emails and they said they would even weld the quick attach plate onto thier unit. I didn't pursue it further, but have had it in the back of my mind to go this route... it would sure beat a pick and shovel.