Traction 4WD engagement

/ 4WD engagement #11  
RickB said:
Front HPL, Front PTO, and MFD are controlled by a single controller. Without Front HPL or PTO, that controller only serves the MFD system. Rear PTO on North American TN/F's are not computer controlled. As you say, the difflock is on its own circuit.

You're right. Big lever under the steering wheel works the pto clutch directly.

/ 4WD engagement
Well I appreciate all the info on this tractor. I will be splitting the tractor this winter, as I understand there is a problem with the FWD/REV shuttle. The previous owner got it stuck in neutral a few times and the dealership apparently had to remove the rear tire and a cover to get things back in place. That is how I came to own it. The previous owner (orchard operator) had it break down during the best cherry harvest in years and just traded it in on a new Kubota. Couldn't risk anymore problems with it during harvest. Interestingly, the sales person who took it on trade thought the tractors transmission shifted electronically and wanted nothing to do with it, so I picked it up for $7000. The Buhler loader and quick detach forks have to be worth about half that. From what I have read on the forum, my guess is the FWD/REV syncro's are needing to be replaced and/or the fork/linkage is worn.

Interestingly, I have not had any issues with the shifting, but have been pretty sensitive to not jamming things around or shifting with a heavy hand. I am very impressed with the tractor and have no regrets having bought it at this point. It is a bit strange having an orchard model (narrow and low), but so far has been fine.