4530 brake locking problem

/ 4530 brake locking problem #1  

arlonm

Tractor
Mahindra 4530, Allis Chalmers 5020
I'm having a real problem with the right brake locking on me. I've tried adjusting the pedals but that doesn't do very much. Right brake locks solid then pops loose when you go forward. Any ideas? Hoping i don't have to tear into this thing.

/ 4530 brake locking problem #2  
If it ain’t the linkage you are left tearing into the thing.....

Getting to the brakes wouldn’t be too bad. Grab a tire dolly to save your back.

/ 4530 brake locking problem #3  
Same exact problem since day 1 with my 2014 4530 4WD and it's getting worse. My right brake has two positions: Full On, and Full Off. Locks up and spins the tractor around. Sometime I have to go reverse to get it released. Funny how the left brake works perfect. Took it back to the dealer during the first year and they just shrugged it off claiming the brakes need to wear in. Well it's 5+ years later and still hasn't got any better. I live too far to keep paying a hauling fee or I'd keep taking it back. That leaves with me only one option: Fix it myself. Which brings me to my point arlonm: Did you ever get yours fixed and if so, how? Any info will be appreciated.

/ 4530 brake locking problem #4  
Following this because I have the same problem with my 2014 4530 4WD. Mine is not sticking to the point that it spins the tractor around, but it does lock and have to pop loose sometimes.

/ 4530 brake locking problem #5  
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm4025 right brake sticking often. When you move the tractor. it will release with a bang.

/ 4530 brake locking problem #6  
I also have a 2014 4530 4WD and I started having the same problem about a year ago. The right brake locks up but will release on it's own. After it tears the ground up from sliding!

/ 4530 brake locking problem #7  
I have a 2006 4530. I know that it's much older, but I've always been disappointed with my brakes. I'm not sure that you could actually lock the tractor with them. I could just about skid the tires on my old tractor. I know I have had constant issues with mine either sticking between gear or issues going into 2nd.

/ 4530 brake locking problem #8  
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm4025 right brake sticking often. When you move the tractor. it will release with a bang.
Good evening,
I just ran across your post regarding the brake grabbing on your Mahindra. I cannot seem to find any replies indicating the cause or how to fix. Can you offer any information?
Thank you,
Bob C

/ 4530 brake locking problem #9  
I will add myself to this list, as my 4025 also has a right brake sticking problem. The left is normal. There must be a common cause here, would be nice to know what it is.
Mine grabs and almost locks up, so what I do is ride that side lightly until it apparently heats up and stops grabbing. Then, it's ok until the next time I start her up. I'm hoping it wears in (or something) some day! I don't use the tractor very often, so it may never straighten out, I don't know.
-Simon

/ 4530 brake locking problem #10  
I posted in 2021 about my right brake locking up. It's still doing it, but now I hear a popping noise when the tire makes a revolution. I need to get something done. I was sure hoping someone had posted a fix by now.