Buying Advice 450 roll belt baler

/ 450 roll belt baler #11  
Kind of a big tractor for that small baler isnt it? 103hp........everyone that has one around here runs them with 75 down to 55hp with no problem.

Not saying it can't be done but I wouldn't want to do it field after field year after year. When the temperature here is 110 and you're doing all you can to pull your baler in 1st medium 50hp is not enough. The 6700 ford even seemed a little underpowered at times. So no 103hp is not at all too big runs cool all day and doesn't take forever to get a feild wrapped up. I would not recommend this baler for a 40 pto hp tractor as the website for NewHolland claims it's just too small or atleast in my experience it was.

Last edited:
   / 450 roll belt baler #12  
I have a DK50 and a 450 utility round baler and found out quick that I had too small of a tractor. I am pleased with the baler but would not recommend under 60 pto hp for this baler. If you have even the slightest incline it will pull you down to a very low speed and even on level ground it works the tractor too much I have had it hooked up to a 72hp ford and it did good tractor would still labor on thick hay at higher speeds.
I just hit 500 bales on the baler and am happy with it, one other suggestion is get the gathering wheels I didn't but after the first couple of feilds I was on the phone ordering them. Works great now no more missed hay can bale a smooth field at 8mph (hooked to a 103hp tractor) without worry of plugging up.
hope this helps good luck

FYI, NH makes an inner side sheet disc assembly that bolts to the left and right side sheets that lowers the contact pressure of the bale against the side sheets thus lowering necessary PTO power to drive the bailer.

/ 450 roll belt baler #13  
I would like to know if I can get Roll-Belt 460 in Rwada. And if Yes How much does it cost to arrive at Kigali