420 FEL...premature evacuation?

/ 420 FEL...premature evacuation? #1  

LazyK

Silver Member
Tractor
JD 4200 hst
Looking at shiny new 4200 Green Guys to see if there were any gizmos worthy of hanging on my '99, I noticed a retaining clamp bolted to the front left frame rail. (very after-market, after-thought looking) This stout clamp was there to keep the loader quick detach plate from rotating out of the camlock-like channels! Anyone know about a tech-notification to owners of this FEL model advising them to batten down the hatch, 'cuz the loader may leave unexpectedly?!

LazyK.gif

Lazy K - Chip

/ 420 FEL...premature evacuation? #2  
I have heard of some older 410 FELS getting a retrofit for the same thing, I got mine last July and asked dealer about problem with the FEL, he said he did not know of any. I did see in this forum of JD sending notices to some owners.

/ 420 FEL...premature evacuation? #3  
{from the JD 4000 User's Club}

The following is a copy of a letter intended to be sent to all registered owners of a 410, 420, 430, or 460 loader used on 4000 series, 855/955, 870/970/1070, or 990 CUT.
Have your dealer reference to PIP 00WX033.

Safety Recall for Owners of

410, 420, 430 or 460 Loaders

Dear John Deere Customer:

A potential safety problem on John Deere 400 Series Loaders has been identified. The loader could unexpectedly disengage from the tractor and possibly result in injury to either the operator or to a bystander.

Please ensure the latch plate is adjusted according to the operator’s manual on pages 55-11 and 55-12. For added security, a simple latch plate retainer is being developed and will be sent to you by August 1, 2000. As always, remember to keep bystanders away when operating the loader and always wear your seatbelt.

If you have any questions regarding this notice, please contact your dealer or phone John Deere toll free at 1-877-828-6730. If you no longer own the loader or have a change in address, please complete and mail the enclosed post-paid reply card so we can correct our records.

Thank you for your co-operation.

Sincerely,

John Deere Welland Works

John Deere Worldwide Agriculture Division

18-35196-JDMFWDSigJFM.JPG

/ 420 FEL...premature evacuation? #4  
John Thanks for all of your information . BOY YOUR REALLY ONTOP WITH ALL YOUR DEERE Information!!! Do They have anything like that for the 70 Loader ? Thanks again!!
JIm