4035 PST will not start

/ 4035 PST will not start #11  
Sounds like the starter solenoid to me.....every time you bump the key, you reactivate the solenoid until eventually contact is good enough to pass the current required to activate the starter motor.

You need to get a voltmeter, and do measurements at a few places along the circuit. Check if voltage is dropping right at the starter positive terminal, and if it is, then work your way back from there to find the source of the voltage drop. Will require 2 people or long leads and some alligator clips.

/ 4035 PST will not start #12  
Hard to start looking at a bunch of different items when the OP’s battery charger is reading low battery voltage......with a new new battery it’s unlikely that’s the cause- especially since the new and old battery present the same symptoms. The other cause for the charger to read low voltage is a bad connection as 99% of the time the charger clamps to the battery cable and not the post itself.

/ 4035 PST will not start #13  
I have a 4510, it turned out to have a bad battery cable internally.

/ 4035 PST will not start #14  
Mine did the same thing. Turned out to be the connector to the alternator was not plug all the way in. Check it out might me the problem.

/ 4035 PST will not start
Well, guys, I guess since I don't know any of you, I can come clean. It was the PTO switch. Not that it was bad, IT WAS ON!!! I guess the light was hidden behind one of the steering wheel arms and I just never saw it in the daytime. Once I saw the light, pushed the button, and the light went out- VROOOM! Fired right up. I thing there is still something wrong with that switch since it does allow the engine to try to start.
I'm just glad I can avoid the embarrassment by not opening this thread again. Thanks, anyway guys!

/ 4035 PST will not start #16  
I am glad that is all it was and do not worry we all have done that or something similar at one time or another.

/ 4035 PST will not start #17  
This happened to me and the ignition switch itself was bad.