3Pt Tiller on CT36

/ 3Pt Tiller on CT36 #1  

hounddawg

I am considering purchasing a McCormick CT36 adn was wondering what size 3pt tiller I can run on it?

5' or 6'?

/ 3Pt Tiller on CT36 #2  
The CT36 you are looking at, does it have the ag tires or the ind. tires on it?
If it has the ind. tires then you would need to go with the 6Ft. tiller. A 5Ft tiller will not cover the tire tracks fully with ind. tires.

Good Luck with the tractor purchase, sounds like you are making a good choice.

/ 3Pt Tiller on CT36 #3  
The CT36 you are looking at, does it have the ag tires or the ind. tires on it?
If it has the ind. tires then you would need to go with the 6Ft. tiller. A 5Ft tiller will not cover the tire tracks fully with ind. tires.

Good Luck with the tractor purchase, sounds like you are making a good choice.

I would go for a 5 footer in harder soils and a 6 footer for softer, possibly already tilled before soils.

/ 3Pt Tiller on CT36 #4  
I am considering purchasing a McCormick CT36 adn was wondering what size 3pt tiller I can run on it?

5' or 6'?

I think it depends on the soil type. We have the Tarter 5 ft gear drive for $1595 and the 6 ft for $1695 + shipping. Ken Sweet

/ 3Pt Tiller on CT36 #5  
Hey HoundDawg,

If you purchase that McCormick tractor, and you live within my discounted shipping zones, I will ship a King Kutter tiller unit to your door and include lift gate and residence service. I know that my discounted shipping zones says to business address, but I will do the lift gate and residence service included.

If you purchases that McCormick unit and you do not live in my discounted zones let me know and I will still give you a good deal.

/ 3Pt Tiller on CT36
Thanks for all of the replies so far.

I am located in SW Pennsylvania. The CT36 I am considering has the industrial tires and mech transmission.

I can get a 6' King Kutter for $1,700 from the McCormick dealer I am working with.

I have never used a 3-pt tiller before. How fast can I go on tilling new sod? Existing garden and previous tilled ground I am not worried about, just new soil. My ground around here has small sand stone and clay.

Thanks again.

/ 3Pt Tiller on CT36 #7  

5' or 6'?

On other tractors like yours ( hp, wise), we sold the 66'' tiller. Seemed to be a good match in all types of soils. You can always offset the tiller one side or the other to cover one wheel track. From experience in running a 66'' farmmax gear drive tiller, heavier soil should be plowed first because the tiller only seems to dig about about three inches deep no matter how many passes you make. I'm running a 66'' with a 49 pto hp tractor which is way overkill, but that is what I have right now to use. I roto about 3 acres a year. Don't be bashful, ask all kinds of questions. That is what we are here for. Good luck trac

/ 3Pt Tiller on CT36 #8  
Hey Hounddawg,

Sounds like you are making a good choice. That CT36 unit is actually a little over 38HP. Sounds like the dealer is giving you a good deal on the King Kutter tiller unit. Myself, I would do the 6fT tiller size to cover the tire tracks fully. The 5, and 6Ft. King Kutter tiller units are not offset, so the 5ft will not cover your tire tracks. The dealer may be willing to attach the tiller to the tractor unit and let you try it out and the dealership.:confused3:

Good Luck and let us know how you come out.