Oil & Fuel 303 tranny oil sales. (yellow bucket el'cheapo warning') since they are in RK aisles

/ 303 tranny oil sales. (yellow bucket el'cheapo warning') since they are in RK aisles #1  

countryguy1225

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota M6060 & L2550GST(4wd), W/ Backhoe attch. Mitsubhish MT160D (4wd) :- )
I know this has been posted around all over- But... I was in RK the other day and saw 2 fella's loading up 3 of the 5gals of the $20 303 trans fluid... Numerous complaints and warnings on the net. Some states outlaw it too . Please just make sure you check what this can or cannot be used in if you buy the yellow pale stuff. I do not have an RK yanmar, but I'm sure there is no place for this stuff in those slick looking rigs? RK can set us straight.

With 2 pallets in the aisle of about every RK or TS I go in... Just making sure folks do their research on where/when to use anything 303 spec.

/ 303 tranny oil sales. (yellow bucket el'cheapo warning') since they are in RK aisles #2  
Hydraulic oils.....there is a difference and most times you get what you pay for.

/ 303 tranny oil sales. (yellow bucket el'cheapo warning') since they are in RK aisles #3  
It was explained to me that 303 is for the older machines, something like pre 1990 models. I know people around here buy and use a lot of it for their older JD units from the 60s and 70s.

/ 303 tranny oil sales. (yellow bucket el'cheapo warning') since they are in RK aisles #5  
And when you walk about 10' further past the 303 you will find the $33.00 a bucket Extreme trans-hydraulic fluid and if you read the fine print on the back of the bucket it is not recommended for use in equipment manufactured after 1986, therefore it's probably not much better.

/ 303 tranny oil sales. (yellow bucket el'cheapo warning') since they are in RK aisles #6  
yup.. the cheap oil is for antiques.. not the new shiney paint ones.

/ 303 tranny oil sales. (yellow bucket el'cheapo warning') since they are in RK aisles
Yep... Good point lineman - I went to their Xtreme site. That usual bucket is not even on the pages, and the '334' yellow bucket is noting it's still just a [303] spec blends it appears. Same for the online sellers for the usual Xtreme yellow bucket. Thanks for that insight. (Products - Martin Xtreme)

...and this caught my eye as well:
State of Georgia becomes 2nd State to Ban 33 Fluids - TractorLife

And when you walk about 10' further past the 303 you will find the $33.00 a bucket Extreme trans-hydraulic fluid and if you read the fine print on the back of the bucket it is not recommended for use in equipment manufactured after 1986, therefore it's probably not much better.