300 DTC Glow Plug light Staying On

/ 300 DTC Glow Plug light Staying On #1  

Carl23

Tractor
Farmtrac 300 DTC
MY Question is; can someone help me on how to Connecticut Ford starter relay and toggle switch to the wiring of the tractor to bypass the glow plug relay and glow plug timer ? It's a Farmtrac 300 dtc

The first time I saw a problem was 2 - 3 yrs ago. The tractor was a normal hot from hrs of running. Turned it off and saw the glow plug light come on. I started the tractor back up and back off but light stayed on. So I disconnected the battery and went and took my break. Later I came back, connected the battery. The glow plug light was off started up tractor used it for a few more hours went to park the tractor, glow plug light stayed on. So for months I would just disconnect the battery when it was not running.
Then I bought a new timer and replaced it everything was fine for about a year. Then it started again. It caught me off-guard and it drained my battery. I replaced the battery. Now when I go to connect my battery it does a lot of sparking. It acts like it's shorting out or the glow plug relay/timer are shorted.
I removed the glow plug relay/timer. The battery connection does not ark anymore so I know it's in the relay or timer.
I'm ready to go old school. No more relays and timers...

/ 300 DTC Glow Plug light Staying On #2  
Can you just pull the glow plug fuse instead of disconnecting the Batt>?

/ 300 DTC Glow Plug light Staying On
Yes, thank you. I did pick up on one of the forums. Kinda felt silly not thinking about that!

I saw someone mention that you can take a ford style solenoid, a toggle switch that you have to hold in the on position and by pass the glow plug relay,timer. I'm tired of replacing the timer, $30 here and there. I want to go old school.
****I Need Help On How To Hookup The Wiring so I don't burn anything up.****

/ 300 DTC Glow Plug light Staying On #4  
I don't know why your timer keeps going bad. Check each glow plug, could be one open or one shorted. Check for chafed wires going through firewall(has been a problem on some tractors) My tym has a timer that is over 10 years old. Just remove the timer from the circuit, use the relay you have. Probably have 12 volt going to the coil. Ground the coil through a momentary toggle switch you could mount on the dash. Hold down the switch for 30 sec before cranking. If the coil is grounded and the timer energizes the coil then run 12v through the toggle switch to the relay coil. If it was me I would try to find out what is burning up the timers so soon. Hope this helps.

I'll check things out like you suggested and report how it goes.
Thanks again for your input.

Ok so I checked the glow plugs, got .5 ohms on all 4. checked the relay "all open", check the timer "all open", checked ignition switch "checked out ok"
Put it all together and it all works. ???? all I can Figure out is the relay or timer was stuck closed and with pulling them out, freed it up!
Tomorrow I'm going to brush hog for a few hours. Get it hot and see what happens.