2810 oil filter

/ 2810 oil filter #1  

shvl73

Banned
Tractor
Mahindra 2810HST
Has anyone changed their oil in their 2810HST yet?
I just tried a napa/wix filter as specified on their site & it won't thread on. They call for a 51311 but, no go. As luck would have it it's Saturday night & the dealer's not open until monday. Any thoughts on this little dilemma?

/ 2810 oil filter #2  
I have a C4005DI, and when I was at the dealer the other day, I asked for a filter, and he was out of stock, but told me that the Motorcraft FL1A would work. I already had a spare Mahindra filter for my machine, and I did a comparision between the Mahindra and the Motorcraft and they were identical, except that the Motorcraft had about 25% more capacity than the Mahindra filter. I used the Mahindra filter that I had, but next time the Motorcraft FL1A gets installed.

Not sure if that is the correct filter for your machine or not, but was glad the dealer shared that information.

Good Luck, Les

/ 2810 oil filter
I ended up getting a filter at the dealer. I had initially looked the filter up at wix filters website, they gave me a part # for a filter with 3/4x16 thread (as does the FL1A) while my tractor has 20x1.5MM thread. I'm told a wix 51182 will fit & has a larger capacity. I also noticed it has a 24psi by-pass valve, some of the other filters I cross referenced had only 8-11psi by-pass valves. I'm not sure the importance of it, but it looks like I'll try to get them at the dealer from now on. This all got started from me trying to get a filter at the NAPA store 15 miles closer to the house, didn't work out too well!

/ 2810 oil filter #4  
I have been watching your post with interest , because I need to do a oil change on mine. I guess I will call Jim and have him send me up a couple.