Oil & Fuel 2544 Oil Light/CHG OIL

/ 2544 Oil Light/CHG OIL #1  

Robs2544

Tractor
Kubota BX25D
I just purchased a 2006 GT2544 with 50.7 hours from a private seller for 2400. It's very clean, looks pretty much unused. When I picked it up the oil light was flashing and chg oil was blinking on the display. They told me it was due for a change at 52 hours. I changed the oil and the oil light keeps blinking and chg oil is still flashing in the display. The oil level was half way between full and low when I got it and the oil was very clean on the stick and when I drained it. Is there a reset button somewhere so when you change the oil it stops displaying cgh oil and will this also stop the light from flashing or do I have a problem?

Thanks in advance,
Rob

/ 2544 Oil Light/CHG OIL #2  
My 2542 did the same thing....I know of no reset button for it. Mine did this for a short time, then when the hour meter reaches X amount of hours it kinda resets itself....

/ 2544 Oil Light/CHG OIL #3  
I think that display 'feature' was new for 2006. It will time out after awhile. It's just a dummy light that goes on at hard coded intervals. Great deal on that 2006 BTW!

Joel

/ 2544 Oil Light/CHG OIL
Thanks for responses guys; I figured it was something simple. The tractor's so nice, the deck is easy to remove and install. I can't wait till it warms up so I can cut the grass. My Murray looks like a tin can sitting next to this thing.

/ 2544 Oil Light/CHG OIL #5  
Hey Rob, you got one heck of a GT at a great price. Here's how ny GT2542 looks now. That GT will do ALOT more than just mow your lawn ;)

jbjr1.jpg

2ndmod.jpg

4thmod.jpg

/ 2544 Oil Light/CHG OIL
WOW you have some serious attachments for that thing.:eek:

As for the AG Tires, the stockers are 9.5" wide; most AG's are 10.5" wide, can you use the wide AG's on the factory rims? Also what AG's are you running and are they weighted with whatever they put in them?

I feel I got a pretty sweet deal at the misfortune of the previous owners. They were going through some financial issues and were asking 2400 for it, I chose not to talk them down because it was a great deal to begin with.

I just hope spring comes early so I can use it. We’re supposed to get a big storm but I have no plow and besides that my driveway is cinders, not fun to plow and they end up in the yard. Right now I have the deck off for a good cleaning and greasing, I may also pick up some gator blades while it’s off:D

/ 2544 Oil Light/CHG OIL #7  
The AG's are 23x10.5x12 on rims for a 3000 series, but they fit on the stock rims. I kept the turf tires on the stock rims so I could switch from AG's to turfs easily.
The AG's are Deestone's 6 ply.
The weights are from Cub Cadet, 75lb wheel weights. Nothiing in the tire itself.

/ 2544 Oil Light/CHG OIL #8  
I posted a schematic for the GT2542 (06 model) a few months back. There is no hardware sensors that do what you describe so it must be a feature of the “Delta” display module. I disconnected mine until the estimated real hours match the display hours. (I left the key on for 50 hours and the hour meter keeps on ticking.) Now for those concerned about no display, we went many years without lights just checking dip sticks, listening for bearing knocks (low oil), and checking charge by how bright the lights are. When it matches up with actual hours I’ll re-connect it. The display module should have had an extra input line from the alternator that powers the hour meter. This would make sure that only “running” hours are counted. As far as your issue, go back to the "old" method until the lights go out.
Charlie in vt

/ 2544 Oil Light/CHG OIL #9  
Wow! I about crapped my pants! CHG OIL light came on @ 50.7 hours for me too. Dealer was closed. God bless the internet and these boards. I can continue cutting with my mind at ease.

Thanks guys!
TJ