Price Check 2015 New vs 2016 New - Same Price?

/ 2015 New vs 2016 New - Same Price? #21  
I agree with some posters on tractors sitting outside for an extended period of time. That, along with the fact the small changes are made during the production run that aren't part of any re-call or fix as fails policy but just made as the manufacture discovers minor issues on the prior built tractors.

For example, during the first run of the 1026r tractor, several had a hydraulic leak in the transmission housing. Sure, Deere fixed it under warranty but your brand new tractor is taken out of service for 2 or 3 days and partially disassembled. I don't even like doing that on an older tractor.

When I got my 1026r in 2012 I made the deal that I get the tractor with the most recent production date as the dealership has 8 stores and had around ten 1026r tractors in their inventory. The salesman said it was their policy to move the oldest tractor first which they had for about ten months. So, my new tractor sitting outside in the elements for ten months, no, not for me.

When I said that the purchase would be only for the newest tractor the salesman was quite hesitant but eventually agreed to make the newest tractor (they had it two days) part of the deal.

/ 2015 New vs 2016 New - Same Price?
My new ride! Thanks for everyone's help in the big decision. Local JD Dealer, Bader & Sons in Lake City, MI. Sales Rep was great to work with. PM me if you need his contact info. Love it!
image.jpegimage.jpeg

/ 2015 New vs 2016 New - Same Price? #23  
Sweet! My first bit of advice it to torque-wrench all of the wheel nuts as per your Owners Manual. This isn't a particular thing for JD but for all colours = piece of mind.

A tie-wrap (zip tie?) to collect those 4 coloured hydraulic plugs up & out of the way would be a quick task, too.

Lastly, read your manual back to front, using a high-lighter for things particular to your rig. Go low and slow with your FEL.

Have fun!

/ 2015 New vs 2016 New - Same Price?
Sweet! My first bit of advice it to torque-wrench all of the wheel nuts as per your Owners Manual. This isn't a particular thing for JD but for all colours = piece of mind.

A tie-wrap (zip tie?) to collect those 4 coloured hydraulic plugs up & out of the way would be a quick task, too.

Lastly, read your manual back to front, using a high-lighter for things particular to your rig. Go low and slow with your FEL.

Have fun!
Thanks for the tips!